Closes: Wednesday, November 30, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- An associate’s or higher-level degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Two or more years of experience in a financial aid office or related experience is required.
- Proficient in computer database applications including Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word is required.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Associate Degree in Office systems Technology, business, or related field
- Experience in a North Carolina community college/higher education financial aid office
- Experience working with DATATEL software
The Financial Aid Specialist works closely with the Financial Aid Director, Continuing Education Department and NCWorks Career Center with intake and reviewing financial aid applications, awarding funds, and reporting financial data in Continuing Education (CE) and Curriculum (CU) programs.
- Processes Continuing Education/ Workforce Development funding and maintain budgets for each funding source.
- Works closely with Continuing Education Departments to administer and award funding and monitor the funding sources.
- Responsible for updating and reviewing the Continuing Education workflow and update processes when needed.
- Reviews financial aid applications. This includes contacting students for completion of financial aid files, verification documentation, maintaining and scanning files.
- Responsible for reconciliation of continuing education funding and reporting to various entities.
- Assist with awarding applicants in accordance with Federal, State, Institutional and Agency regulations.
- Assist with counseling students and parents concerning the financial aid process meeting their individual needs and provides technical assistance in completing the financial aid application material.
- Assist with verifying applicant data in accordance with federal, state, and local verification regulations and electronic submission of any needed corrections.
- Possesses working knowledge of most phases of financial aid operations.
- Participates in professional development and attends conferences and other training as required.
- Participate in outreach events and opportunities on campus and in the community.
- Serves on committee assignments and other duties as assigned by the Financial Aid Director. Serves as a financial aid liaison with faculty, staff, and students.
- Cross-train with curriculum financial aid funding and serves as backup when needed.
- Uses various in-house integration programs with external agencies, and network software programs and government websites in daily activities.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high volume, confidential service environment while providing excellent customer service.
- Ability to work without close supervision, and to establish and maintain trust with supervisor(s) and co-workers, and a willingness to work occasional irregular hours.
- Commitment to the community college "open door" philosophy and the comprehensive community college concept.
How to Apply
The starting date for the positions is 1/3/23. Salary is dependent upon qualifications, experience, and labor market. Excellent references from previous employers must be furnished upon request.
A completed Southeastern Community College application (located on the SCC website), a resume, letter of interest addressing the requirements and educational transcripts (unofficial copies of transcripts will be sufficient for the screening process, but official copies must be submitted prior to employment) must be submitted to the college Human Resources Office in order for applicants to be considered for this position. Initial review of applications will be 12/1/22 and continue until the position is filled.
Applicants should send all documents and inquiries to the Human Resources Office, Southeastern Community College, P.O. Box 151, Whiteville, NC 28472. Telephone (910) 642-7141, extension 246. www.sccnc.edu
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Job Post Contact