Haywood Community College, 185 Freedlander Dr, Clyde, NC 28721
Closes: Friday, January 14, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate Degree in Accounting, Business Administration (preferred) or any field. Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook); Problem solving skills.
Experience working in a Community College setting, working with an information processing system; and excellent communication skills.
* This is a temporary position with hours not to exceed 25 per week. Work schedule will be Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm.
OPEN ONLY UNTIL FILLED. ALL INTERESTED PARTIES PLEASE APPLY IMMEDIATELY FOR CONSIDERATION
Provide support to the Senior Director of Financial Aid and the financial aid office. Maintain records of HEERF/CARES act funds. Provide customer service to financial aid and veteran students.
- Process students’ financial aid applications including completion and electronic submission of the FAFSA.
- Counsel students/potential students on all aspects of financial aid.
- Process student correspondence.
- Counsel veteran students and maintain VA files.
- Serve as back up for the School Certifying Official.
- Collect and ensure accuracy of documents received for student financial aid files.
- Follow Federal, State, and Institutional guidelines for financial aid eligibility while processing and maintaining accurate student records.
- Prepare student files for review by the Senior Director of FA for Professional Judgement in support of HEERF outreach.
- Manage funding for all CARES and HEERF grants.
- Provide exemplary customer service to students via telephone or in person.
- Participate in Colleague and financial aid training.
- Miscellaneous tasks: complete purchase orders, file student documentation, assist with registration, assist with bulk mailings, and serve on college committees; assist with graduation, Student Activities and registration; maintain professional appearance in compliance with SS dress code; maintain professional behavior in accordance with professional code of conduct and ethics
How to Apply
The following is necessary for consideration:
- Official Haywood Community College employment application online found at our jobs page: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/haywoodedu. Please call Beverly Balliot with any questions or if you are unable to complete the online application for any reason.
- The application must be complete for consideration - do not reference resume. A resume is suggested but does not take the place of any questions or details that you need to provide in order to be qualified for the position. Unofficial transcripts must be included for the application process. Most unofficial transcripts can be downloaded from college/university websites. Official transcripts of all secondary education must be submitted to Human Resources within 10 days of any offer of employment.
- References may not be a current HCC employee. Candidates must provide three professional references with email addresses. At least one reference must be a current or previous supervisor.
- College screening committee is responsible for application review, interviews, and recommends the candidate to HR. Upon completion of the hire process in HR, President approval is required in the hire of a candidate.
- HCC is a tobacco free campus
HCC is an equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sex, age, disability, genetic information and veteran status
Haywood Community College (HCC) is part of the North Carolina Community College System and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges & Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Founded in 1965, it is an open-door institution with the mission to foster an environment that meets the educational needs of the communities it serves, promotes student success in higher education and in the workplace, and facilitates economic development. This includes programs for Haywood County high school students through Career and College Promise and Haywood Early College. The college campus, a designated arboretum, boasts one of the most beautiful college campuses in the state with an iconic mill pond, a productive greenhouse, dahlia gardens, an orchard garden and a rhododendron garden.