Closes: Friday, May 7, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- High School Diploma and two years experience in a financial aid office setting
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Experience using Datatel/Colleague system and Softdocs imaging system
At Central Carolina Community College, we create transformative lifelong learning opportunities! We expect all employees to find ways to remove barriers to student success and provide all students a pathway to achievable dreams. Our employees are charged to recognize the challenges we face and to respond to them with empathy, understanding, and a willingness to help.
This position will be responsible for all front desk services to include counseling and assisting students and parents on the financial aid application process, interpreting and explaining federal and state regulations to students and parents, and providing important information for continued funding. Performs specialized clerical duties in the reviewing, processing, and tracking of financial aid applications, required documents, and other forms. May work evening and additional hours in peak times.
Diversity Policy: Central Carolina Community College believes the college experience is greatly enriched through diversity; therefore, the college encourages diversity of thought within the student body and staff. Furthermore, the college seeks to promote awareness of diversity and the respect for all individuals, and the college pledges to adhere to this mission in its relationship with the community.
The Financial Aid Technician will be primarily responsible for all front desk client services, including but not limited to the following tasks:
- Counsels and advises students about financial aid eligibility, application procedures, aid programs, aid eligibility, packaging policies, costs, billing process, indebtedness, money management and financial planning. Interprets and explains state and federal regulations to parents and students.
- Identifies records/documents with conflicting information and follows up with students and financial aid specialists. Maintains all student files using imaging software system.
- Collect required documents related to financial aid applications in a manner which is consistent, organized and meets all federal, state and institutional guidelines. Notifies and requests required documentation from students for file completion and eligibility determination.
- Answer telephones and directs calls to appropriate personnel; take and retrieve messages, and makes outgoing calls to applicants to request, provide, or verify information as directed.
- Maintains and ensures confidentiality of student records and information.
- Identifies and refers students to appropriate student services programs who may be able to assist student with counseling, retention, or other identified needs.
- Code documentation appropriately and enter into the Colleague Communication Management System.
- Scan and index documents to student records into the imaging system. Maintain all student files within the imaging system
- Provides highly specialized clerical support on a daily basis through all forms of correspondences.
- Supervise and monitor the work of student employees.
- Represent the Financial Aid Department during promotional events (Open Houses, Orientations, Workshops, etc.)
- Act as a liaison between various departments, offices, and outside agencies to resolve conflict, expedite processing, and access information.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Financial Aid, Associate Director(s) of Financial Aid, and Dean of Student Services.