Central Campus Sommers Building
Closes: Wednesday, November 27, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration with a concentration in accounting and 2 years of experience
Financial Analyst, Sr. position is available on the Central Campus.
By applying a working and expanding knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Government Accounting Standards Board (GASB), supports financial operations of the CPCC Services Corporation, the college and/or its component units by performing moderately complex accounting work, including preparing, analyzing, maintaining and reviewing financial statements, records and reports, and assignments in classifying, posting, balancing, reconciling and summarizing financial transactions. Work involves setting up and maintaining controls and records of financial transactions.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. Compiles analyzes and summarizes financial information for $4+ million budget.
2. Oversees annual audit; works directly with external accounting firm.
3. Prepares 990 checklist for external accounting firm in preparation for annual IRS Form 990.
4. Manages more than 40 accounts; prepares journal entries.
5. Supports strategic program planning and budgeting efforts.
6. Coordinates with the Executive Director Service Corp, Harris Conference Center and Project Managers in year-end and budget prep for all Services Corp accounts.
7. Advises project managers on accounting policies and procedures; answers inquiries and resolves complex financial issues.
8. Manages time trackers for Institutional/State employees working on projects.
9. Prepares monthly sales tax reports.
10. Compiles financial reports upon request from the Executive Director, Services Corp.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
· Knowledge of GAAP and GASB as well as college and component unit standard business practices
· Knowledge of and proficiency in using and administrative information system, preferably Datatel Colleague
· Advanced computer and spreadsheet skills
· Excellent oral and written communication skills with an emphasis on the ability to communicate financial information
· Ability to communicate effectively and work with individuals from diverse backgrounds
· Excellent customer service skills
· Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple assignments, adapting to changing priorities and situations, and follow-through on completion of assignments
How to Apply
Job Post Contact