Center for Workforce Innovation, Sanford, North Carolina
Closes: Thursday, December 5, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor's Degree and one to three years of administrative or financial experience.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledgeable of NCWorks Online management information system.
- Knowledgeable of local area policies for the Triangle South Workforce Development Adult and Dislocated Worker cohort
- Ability to communicate with all community college Finish Line Grant designated staff to include the Financial Aid Office, WIOA Service Providers, and/or Community College Foundations and Business Offices.
- Ability to work with diverse colleagues.
- Ability to develop and sustain community and business relations.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, challenging environment.
- Ability to work independently, with limited supervision.
- Supervisory experience.
- Training and/or experience in technology-based business environment.
- Possess a conceptual understanding of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) or other special grants.
- Experience working with workforce development programs and case management.
- Work experience within an NCWorks Career Center or partner agency.
The Finish Line Grant Coordinator will provide leadership, supervision and assistance in the distribution of Finish Line Grant statewide funds to meet the emergency needs of approved student recipients who attend partnered community colleges within the Triangle South Workforce Development Board local area.
Extensive travel required in service area (Chatham, Harnett, Lee and Sampson counties).
Attendance at some before or after hours events and meetings is required.
Travel is required out-of-service area to attend training, conferences and meetings.
This is a time-limited position contingent upon funding.
- Provide oversight and coordination of the Finish Line Grant program.
- Direct the coordination, planning, and implementation of the Finish Line Grant both internal & external process.
- Comply with all federal, state, and local policies, rules, and regulations
- Compile monthly reports to submit to the state Finish Line Grant Coordinator.
- Cross reference expenditures with the local area Fiscal Coordinator.
- Manage and review individual profiles in NCWorks Online.
- Review and communicate with each student on the status of his/her application.
- Provide information on other community resources and services to students who do not have an emergency, supportive service need regarding their Finish Line Grant application.
- Work with the Performance & Accountability Coordinator to enter new providers/vendors.
- Assure all required support documents are recorded in NCWorks Online by service provider.
- Submit check requests as needed to each vendor as it relates to student's approved requests.
- Coordinate with the Adult Services Coordinator to receive feedback on resources and services for students.
- Maintain a detailed excel spreadsheet to track expenditures and Finish Line Grant applications.
- Serve on College committees as assigned.
- Complete the annual five-hour staff development.
- Encourage and support College activities, policies, procedures, and philosophies.
- Perform other duties as required.