Child Development Center
- Skilled Crafts
Closes: Sunday, December 1, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Have two years of verifiable experience with food service management. Must submit a federal background check with fingerprints. Be able to lift, bend, stoop, and carry about 25 pounds. The confidentiality of each child and family must be maintained at all times.
Immunization Required: Must have a current TB skin test, a federal background check and in good physical health as evidence by an annual physical examination documentation.
Must have a valid driver's license and clean driving record.
Responsible for age appropriate and nutritious daily meals, weekly food shopping, cooking lunch, prepping breakfast, prepping snack, food inventory and working with the Early Childhood Coordinator to make sure menus are up to date. .
- Must be able to demonstrate a nurturing and respectful manner to children, parents, students, and each other.
- Maintain flexibility with staff patterns, schedules, and center responsibilities as the goal of the center is to provide quality early education that requires the performance of various duties to benefit the program.
- Support, and comply with all Center policies.
- Understand nutrition requirements and CACFP guidelines
- Be knowledgeable of meal patterns
- Wash dishes, utensils, and pots and pans
- Clean stoves, countertops and other kitchen surfaces daily
- Clean refrigerators, freezers,(monthly) and cabinets as needed
- Sweep floors daily
- Understand and maintain the environmental health sanitation requirements
- Promotes healthy eating practices according to Division of Child Development and Early Education.
- Read and comply with all correspondence issued by NCC and/or Director.
- Prepare food served to children and staff
Job Post Contact
Morgan R, Bland, Director of Human Resources
**Applicants must submit a completed Nash Community College application and unofficial transcripts in order to be considered. Applications referencing resumes will not be considered. Completed applications need to be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to Human Resources, PO Box 7488, Rocky Mount, NC 27804**