Caledonia Prison, North Carolina
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Tuesday, September 10, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Must have a minimum of five years of experience in the food service industry, or an Associate in Applied Science degree in Culinary Arts or a similar field.
- Must be willing to teach in a correctional facility.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills, and have good computer skills.
The primary purpose and function of this position is to deliver instruction and support student success. Develop course syllabi, outlines, and lesson plans for curriculum courses assigned. Review and select appropriate textbooks and instructional materials and media for the classes to be taught. Develops lectures, classroom activities, laboratory, hands-on exercises, and/or actual work site exercises for students to participate and learn. Monitors and records student progress in courses. Administers tests or other evaluation methods to students; grades and gives feedback on exercises, homework assignments, and tests. Keeps records of student attendance. Serves as advisor to assigned students.
Examples of Duties:
The Food Service Technology Instructor/ Department Head will:
- teach food services courses in the Food Services Technology department;
- plan and implement educational activities to ensure that the student learning outcomes are consistent with program learning outcomes;
- maintain a high level of professionalism as a representative of the college;
- maintain accurate attendance and scholastic records of students;
- maintain current knowledge of programs, trends, and new developments in the area of expertise;
- ensure continuous improvement and participate in ongoing professional development.
How to Apply
MUST READ Special Instructions and Additional Information to Applicants:
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED.
Resumes are not accepted in lieu of state applications. "See Attached Resume", etc. will result in an incomplete application. Resumes, cover letters, and all transcripts listed on application must be uploaded with your application or this will also result in an incomplete application. Official transcripts must be submitted to the Human Resources Director within (15) days upon hiring.
All applications must be submitted directly via our online application system at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/halifaxcc. Applications submitted through third party sites will not be accepted. Application packets for employment must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date. If multiple applications are submitted to an individual posting, only the most recent application received prior to the posting close date will be accepted.
Resumes are not accepted in lieu of state applications. "See Attached Resume", etc. will result in an incomplete application. Resumes, cover letters, and all transcripts listed on application must be uploaded with your application.
To receive credit, all relevant experience must be included in the work history section of the application. Any information omitted from the application but included in the resume will not be considered for qualifying credit.
Persons eligible for Veteran's Preference must submit a copy of Form DD-214.