Closes: Thursday, October 21, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited learning institution in communications, marketing, business administration or a related field and one to three years professional work experience in fundraising, planned giving, managing a public relations function in a public sector or non-profit organization, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Three years professional experience in managing a development, public relations functions in a public sector or non-profit organization or company preferred. Ability to speak Spanish is preferred.
The Foundation Director, with guidance from the Vice President for Institutional Advancement and Community Relations and the Foundation Board of Directors shall direct, coordinate, evaluate and improve Bladen Community College’s efforts related to fundraising for scholarships, capital and program needs, and other college support. In addition, the Foundation Director will work collaboratively with the President and other college staff to develop and mature effective community partnerships.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides dynamic leadership, vision and strategic direction for the fundraising, alumni relations, external relations, events coordination for the College and the Foundation.
- Develops and executes a multi-platform business development plan, providing strong leadership in the cultivation of a robust fundraising strategy including leveraging gifts, corporate and foundation support, capital campaigns, leadership of the annual fund, events and planned giving components.
- Advocates for the county service area of the College and for developing innovative, entrepreneurial and strategic initiatives to support the teaching, learning, and training needs, as well as, managing potential funding sources.
- Develops community relationships which will strengthen the annual giving campaign, endowments and major gifts which will strategically provide scholarships, unrestricted gifts and priority commitments that enhance teaching, learning, professional development and capital improvement projects.
- Plans, coordinates and executes the College’s resource development activities, planned gifts, major gifts, capital campaigns and grant development; builds and maintains relations with donors and potential donors, coordinates stewardship responsibilities including timely acknowledgement of contributions and appropriate follow up with donors; maintains donor software system, the alumni database and foundation records; identifies (new) priorities, relationships, ways to enhance college investments and sources of funds for fundraising efforts.
- Works collaboratively with the leadership of the College to meet institutional objectives and to develop broad campus-wide coordination and collaboration of educational and training opportunities for our students and our communities. The ideal candidate will be an entrepreneurial, creative, innovative, strategic thinker, with exceptional communication and leadership skills, who can motivate and mentor staff and engage others at the College.
- Organizes and coordinates a variety of college special events.
- Develops departmental budgets for the Foundation; monitors expenses, manage fiscal reconciliations and the systematic evaluation of expenditures through assessment of outcomes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.