Located primarily on the OCH Campus in Monroe, NC with expected travel between Anson and Union Counties.
Closes: Tuesday, December 31, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent of three years of related work experience
• High-level strategic thinking and planning
• Ability to effectively communicate an organization’s mission to donors, volunteers and the overall community
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate with staff and other constituents
• Active fundraising experience with excellent donor relations skills and understanding of the funding community
• Previous success in establishing relationships with individuals and organizations of influence including funders, partner agencies, and volunteers
• Solid organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Understanding of grant development, administration, and compliance methods and practices
• Ability to understand and interpret regulations related to grants
• Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Three or more years of non-profit fundraising experience
• Knowledge of business and industry leaders and community representatives in the Anson and Union county service areas
• Experience with CRM donor management software
• Non-profit experience in a higher education setting
The Foundation Director is a full-time position located primarily on the OCH Campus in Monroe, NC with expected travel between Union and Anson Counties. Under the direction of the Vice President of Institutional Advancement, the Foundation Director will be responsible for the development and implementation of fundraising strategies and programs to increase organizational support from individuals, corporations, foundations and other sources. The Foundation Director will also serve as the coordinator of grant planning and development activities in collaboration with faculty, staff, administrators and the senior leadership team.
• Conducts online research of potential grant funding opportunities and agency funding history.
• Distributes potential grant opportunities, requests for proposal, and agency funding history to the appropriate South Piedmont staff members.
• Maintains a database of grant research and a calendar of recurring grant application opportunities.
• Works with other college staff members to prepare grant proposals for transmittal in accordance with agency requirements.
• Develops and maintains close relationships with the philanthropic community, individuals and corporate donors, sponsors, board members, and volunteers.
• Attends meetings of the SPCC Foundation Board and assists with activities as needed.
• Strongly contributes to the management of foundation fundraising campaigns and events, under the guidance of the VP of Institutional Advancement, to include capital, annual and employee campaign as well as alumni activities.
• Assists with the coordination and planning of special events including Foundation, Alumni and College.
• Assists with the identification of, and development of, prospects for solicitation and stewardship.
• Ensures that the donor database contains accurate and updated donor information.
• Collaborates with IT and Marketing to maintain Foundation-related information on the website and across campuses.
• Secures gifts for and executes scholarship events as part of the scholarship program.
• Provides support to the VP of Institutional Advancement in the development of Foundation policies and procedures.
• Works with the CPA firm to prepare and submit stewardship reports to donors.
• Assists in the annual Foundation budget review process.
• Other duties as assigned.