133 James Sprunt Drive Kenansville, NC 28439
Closes: Thursday, December 1, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required to satisfactorily perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Proficiently operate a computer and related software.
Demonstrate integrity (honesty, trustworthiness, high moral values).
Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
Ability to maintain a professional demeanor in a fast-paced environment.
Skill in managing executive calendars.
Skill in organizing, planning, and coordinating meetings and travel arrangements.
Proven knowledge and skill in the use of advanced features of Microsoft Word and Excel.
Ability to show initiative and self-direction as well as communicate professionally across a variety of constituent groups.
Excellent customer service skills.
Ability to plan and prioritize tasks within tight deadlines.
Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Must be able to adapt to changing procedures and protocols.
Ability to communicate effectively through speech and writing.
Ability to identify, communicate, and analyze problems.
Ability to take ownership and utilize constructive feedback.
Must be punctual, professional, and ethically conduct oneself.
Ability to work respectfully within a team environment.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE: Any combination of education and experience demonstrates possession of the requisite knowledge, skill, and abilities.
Required: Associate Degree and/or Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited institution. Proficient in Microsoft Office. Some computer applications and word processing skills.
Preferred: Bachelor's degree; Bilingual; Career Readiness Certificate (CRC)
Required: Must be customer-focused as there will be significant contact with donors, students, Foundation Board members, and the general public. Must be extremely organized, computer literate, and have attention to detail. Some experience utilizing MS Office to include Excel..
Preferred: Experience within the N. C. community college system. Experience with a community college, university, or other non-profit foundation (or equivalent experience). Significant experience with computer applications to include MS Office. Significant experience with building formulas in Excel spreadsheets. Experience with Blackbaud Software and accounting knowledge.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to focus. May require travel.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here represent those employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in indoor conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position description covers the essential functions and duties associated with this position. Other duties may be assigned by the President or appropriate supervisor personnel. The College reserves the right to alter duties, responsibilities, conditions, working hours, and job title as necessary.
NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATION:
James Sprunt Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College prohibits discrimination against any person (including staff, faculty or student body) on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, or age.
If you need accommodations, please contact 910-296-2400.
Assist Director of Foundation Services in carrying out administrative activities and perform administrative duties, working with college personnel, students, Foundation Board of Directors, and community members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:This list is meant to be representative, not exhaustive. Incumbents may not perform all the duties listed while in other cases related duties may also be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities the ability to perform the essential functions.
- Assist in implementing public relations events related to promote the College within the community; recognize donors; raise funds; commemorate special occasions. Assist with the coordination of the JSCC Foundation's annual golf tournament; assist in the coordinating of the increased number of events for the Capital Campaign.
- Prepare for meetings of the JSCC Foundation Board of Directors; prepare board packets, correspond with members regarding meetings, attend all Board and committee meetings, and take minutes.
- Record and acknowledge all contributions confidentially received by the JSCC Foundation; keep donor files current, maintain accounting records showing date, contributor's name/address, amount of contribution, and line item the donation was credited using software; maintain accurate Foundation records and accounts.
- Prepare deposits for contributions at the local bank.
- Assist with organizing and attending all fundraising events sponsored by JSCC Foundation; organize and assist in planning dinners, luncheons, receptions, and meetings; coordinate catering arrangements. Be responsible for money collected during events, and maintain financials for all events.
- Prepare for meetings of the JSCC Scholarship and the Herring Scholarship Committees
- dissemination of applications;
- complete paperwork on applications, prepare Committee packets, review all applications and prepare recommended funding for each scholarship to the committee to correspond with members regarding meetings,
- attend all meetings, take minutes, reproduce and mail,
- correspond with high school counselors and students regarding applications and donors,
- prepare the scholarship payroll and follow-up,
- Maintain files for all JSCC Foundation academic scholarships and the Herring Scholarship,
- Monitor scholarship recipient's academic records for continued eligibility and prepare invoices for all annual scholarships,
- Conduct orientation sessions with all scholarship recipients,
- Serve as a trustee for the Herring Scholarship Trustee Board,
- Assist with the development of the JSCC Alumni Association.
- Type, prepare, and complete all phases of various mass mailings to include maintaining and updating mailing lists on computer, copying, collating, designing labels, addressing envelopes, and overseeing the mailing process.
- Work closely with the Foundation auditors by providing information for the yearly financial audit and tax return.
- Prepare payroll deduction report for JSCC Human Resources/Business Office.
- Prepare all invoices to corporations, individuals, and civic organizations for contributions as needed.
- Prepare all voucher requests for payment of invoices for both the JSCC Foundation and College Advancement.
- Maintain monthly budget reports for the College Advancement and JSCC Foundation.
- Coordinate the implementation of the Blackbaud Software and attend trainings.
- Coordinate event coverage for the College's external events such as the Annual Golf Tournament.
- Provide financial information to the JSCC Foundation's CPA for the preparation of budget reports.
- Maintain the College's scrapbook consisting of news articles about the College.
- Requisition supplies and equipment necessary for office operations; maintain an inventory of equipment, supplies, and forms.
- Receive and distribute mail for College Advancement Office.
- Promote JSCC in all areas.
- Acquire computer/technology competencies appropriate to the position.
- Assist with equipment and software maintenance.
- Maintain security of personal computer access.
- Perform other professional or job-related duties as assigned.
- Serve on college committees as directed by the supervisor.