Rockingham Community College
Closes: Tuesday, December 31, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Knowledge of grant processes including accounting and financial reporting;
- Proficiency in the use of financial management software to include spreadsheets and databases;
- Proficiency in the use of donor database;
- Ability to interpret complex grant funding requirements, submissions, and budget projections;
- Ability to interpret federal, state, and local government laws and regulations regarding grant administration;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills across a broad spectrum of staff, students, and donors;
- Experience managing and balancing multiple projects;
- Deadline oriented;
- Experience in budget management and attention to detail Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Highly organized and able to manage a fast-paced office environment;
- 1-3 years of office related experience
Must be physically able to perform job duties.
Must be able to occasionally lift 25 lbs.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred with previous experience in grants, financial management, scholarship management, and/or auditing. Experience in an educational setting preferred.
Reporting to the Director of the Foundation/Director of Development, manages Foundation and institutional scholarships and Foundation grants; manages grant and scholarship compliance and reporting; coordinates and manages scholarship audit; performs functions of financial administration and reporting including budget administration and processes related to grants, scholarships, and events. Collaborates with various internal departments in scholarship recipient selection, compliance, administration, reporting, and funding; collaborates with scholarship benefactors in scholarship recipient identification and reporting; and assists the director in planning, organizing, and coordinating the annual scholarship luncheon for student recipients and donors.
- Monitors grant and scholarship expenditures to ensure compliance and accountability; responsible for the preparation and timely submission of grant applications and reports, and committee reviews
- Assists in identifying and documenting funding opportunities to support a wide array of projects—from unrestricted operating expenses to equipment, scholarships and highly specific projects
- Prepares correspondence to students, donors and volunteers;
- Maintains Foundation grant and scholarship records utilizing a specialized donor and student software
- Assists the Executive Director with public relations such as on and off-campus Foundation and Development events which requires evening and weekend hours
- Maintains confidentiality in all donation/contribution matters
- Collaborates with Foundation Board members and volunteers on various Foundation projects
- Assists the Executive Director with auxiliary projects and programs
- Assists in preparing office materials and mailings
- Proofreads documents and publications and coordinates production and delivery
- Coordinates mass mailings with Foundation/Development Assistant – Accounting
- Assists in the development of the Foundation’s Annual Giving Report
- Maintains the RCC Foundation’s webpage
- Serves on appropriate campus committees
Perform other related duties as incidental to the work described herein.