Closes: Sunday, April 30, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must possess above average skills in typing, filing, and computer operation. Computer experience to include Windows and Microsoft Office Suite of programs, and preferably some experience with a student information system (e.g., Colleague, Banner, etc.).Must demonstrate good verbal and written communications skills and deal effectively with RichmondCC staff, students, and the general public. In-depth knowledge of RichmondCC's programs and services. Outstanding customer service skills. Ability to multi-task. Ability to stay calm and de-escalate situations when visitors or students are stressed or upset.
Minimum Education and Experience: Associate degree in Office Systems Technology, Office Administration, Accounting, Business, or related field. Computer experience required. Experience working with customer support required.
Experience with a student information system (e.g., Colleague, Banner, etc.)
General Description: The Front Desk Student Support Specialist, under the supervision of the Director of Career and Transfer Advising Services, will assist Student Services by providing exceptional customer service to visitors, students, and other college employees. The Front Desk Student Support Specialist will do the following for visitors and students: provide information regarding courses and services offered, respond to inquiries, and make referrals, as necessary. The Front Desk Student Support Specialist will frequently be the first point of contact and initial support for visitors and students, and help ensure that customers and students are satisfied with services provided.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Position:
- Ensure customer satisfaction and provide professional customer support.
- Maintain a positive, empathetic, and professional attitude toward visitors, students, college partners, and colleagues always.
- Answer phone inquiries and direct calls on an as needed basis.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of RichmondCC programs. Provide course and program information to visitors and students about current and upcoming offerings which may be of interest; provide marketing materials as appropriate.
- Recommend potential courses or programs based on expressed interest and demand from the public and current students.
- Assist students with short-term/continuing education registration and payments.
- Process financial transactions, enter data into the appropriate systems, and review balance sheets for accuracy. Reconcile any identified discrepancies.
- Maintain records of customer/student interactions, transactions, comments, and complaints, utilizing the appropriate software or centralized repository.
- Maintain up-to-date information on certifications, courses, and programs that require additional documents for enrollment.
- Provide feedback on the efficiency of the customer service process, based primarily upon interactions with visitors and students.
- Collaborate with the Student Testing Coordinator and Academic Success Center to assist students in scheduling testing appointments (e.g., proctored tests, placement tests, etc.).
- Perform required clerical duties: filing, typing, and creating or maintaining Student Services forms.
- Create identification badges, assign parking passes/stickers, and issue both to registered students and employees.
- Assist students with confirming and obtaining copies of their semester schedules.
- Provide directions and any needed assistance to campus visitors.
- Ensure telephone and visitor logs are current.
- Maintain and issue Wi-Fi access to guests, as needed.
- Willingness to accept and fulfill additional assignments.
How to Apply
Application Process: To apply for a vacant position, complete the Richmond Community College application and submit it with photocopies or unofficial copies of your College transcripts. For positions where a high school diploma or equivalent is the highest required degree, then proof of high school/equivalency is required. Application and review process can be found on the RCC website. No action will be taken on submission of a resume or letter of interest only. Incomplete files will not be considered. Successful applicant must pass a complete background check.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED