Haywood Community College, 185 Freedlander Dr, Clyde, NC 28721
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Wednesday, January 31, 2024
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Master’s degree in the Accounting or closely related field, with 18 graduate hours in Accounting. Candidate should have accounting experience in the latest computer accounting technology, including commercial small business accounting software and Microsoft Office. Above average oral and written communication skills and a desire to teach accounting related to entrepreneurship.
Master’s degree in Accounting with 18 graduate hours in Accounting, and an MBA or 18 hours of in Business Administration. Two years, or more, of full-time college or university teaching experience instructing accounting classes including QuickBooks and experience teaching course via the internet. Experience teaching other business administration courses are preferred. A willingness to teach to high school students and underrepresented populations is preferred.
Primarily instruction and public service and those forms of research which promote and enhance the college’s commitment to excellence in instruction and which supports the current needs of the students and faculty; advising students; maintaining office hours; assisting with registration; serving on college committees; developing curriculum; maintaining professional competence; and participating in professional development activities. Faculty members are responsible to a department/division chair or team facilitator, sometimes a coordinator. The relationship of the faculty member to the student is one of leader, teacher, adviser, and facilitator of learning.
* Full-time 9-month faculty. Anticipated start date is August 2024. *
Essential Job Duties
- Maintains annually updated course syllabi and provide each student with a written statement of course requirements at the beginning of the semester including texts, course content and competencies and evaluation.
- Prepares course materials; use appropriate teaching techniques including delivering lectures, leading discussions and conducting laboratory demonstrations; and perform other activities, which are related to and meet the requirements of the courses.
- Conducts evaluations of student performance and assign grades on the basis of such evaluations.
- Maintains records of student attendance and grades according to college and state policy and procedure.
- Maintains posted office hours as required by college policy and procedure and be available for student conferences and tutoring.
- Responsible for the development and revision of course content, textbook/equipment selection, instructional materials and teaching assignments/scheduling.
- Responsible for administering student surveys in classes as prescribed by the College procedure and discussing results with department chair.
- Participates in the development and implementation of articulation programs and agreements and promote student participation in such programs.
- Provides students with academic and career advisement and assistance in transferability as appropriate.
- Works with students and employers in occupational settings, on-the-job training, practicum’s, internships and similar work-related situations as needed.
- Maintains professional skills and subject expertise through continual study and research in discipline and through involvement in professional organizations.
- Donates academic expertise in the local, state or national community when appropriate to fulfill the community relations goals of the college.
- Serves on the faculty, college, and Community College System of North Carolina committees as appropriate.
- Supports and encourages college sponsored activities.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
How to Apply
The following is necessary for consideration:
- Official Haywood Community College employment application online found at our jobs page: https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/haywoodedu. Please call Beverly Balliot with any questions or if you are unable to complete the online application for any reason.
- The application must be complete for consideration - do not reference resume. A resume is suggested but does not take the place of any questions or details that you need to provide in order to be qualified for the position. Unofficial transcripts must be included for the application process. Most unofficial transcripts can be downloaded from college/university websites. Official transcripts of all secondary education must be submitted to Human Resources within 10 days of any offer of employment.
- References may not be a current HCC employee. Candidates must provide three professional references with email addresses. At least one reference must be a current or previous supervisor.
- College screening committee is responsible for application review, interviews, and recommends the candidate to HR. Upon completion of the hire process in HR, President approval is required in the hire of a candidate.
- HCC is a tobacco free campus
Haywood Community College provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, political affiliation or status as a covered veteran in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Upon request, the College will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities so that they may be able to perform the essential functions of their job unless doing so would result in an undue burden for the College.
Haywood Community College (HCC) is part of the North Carolina Community College System and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges & Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Founded in 1965, it is an open-door institution with the mission to foster an environment that meets the educational needs of the communities it serves, promotes student success in higher education and in the workplace, and facilitates economic development. This includes programs for Haywood County high school students through Career and College Promise and Haywood Early College. The college campus, a designated arboretum, boasts one of the most beautiful college campuses in the state with an iconic mill pond, a productive greenhouse, dahlia gardens, an orchard garden and a rhododendron garden.