Main Campus - Smithfield, NC
Closes: Thursday, July 22, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Minimum: Associate’s Degree.
Education Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree.
Experience Minimum: One (1) to three (3) years' experience working in the community college in an administrative office environment, preferably with Academic and Career Readiness experience.
Experience Preferred: Three (3) to five (5) years' experience working in the community college setting.
Provides office services by implementing administrative systems, procedures, and policies, and monitoring administrative projects.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as the assistant to the department faculty and staff
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories and training departmental personnel
- Provides training and assistance to faculty (full and part time) on college systems, academic procedures and administrative tasks
- Manages a multi-line telephone system including answering, screening and taking messages
- Uses appropriate software, develops, transcribes, assembles and disseminates information
- Creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, recordkeeping systems, forms control, office layout, and budgetary and personnel requirements; implementing changes as appropriate
- Creates and updates webpages for all departments
- Processes confidential information
- Creates and tracks purchase requisitions and purchase orders
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies
- Monitors and reconciles budget and expense statements with departmental accounts
- Edits, proofs, and compiles course documents and departmental reports
- Schedules meetings, appointments, conferences, and travel and maintains the schedule of protected room assignments in the department
- Serves as the primary point of contact for internal services and external vendors
- Answers student inquiries about academic department policies and procedures and program/course/curriculum information
- Prepares payroll time sheets on departmental employees and ensures contract submission
- Follows up with faculty to ensure timely and accurate submission of grades and academic reports
- Serves on various institutional committees
- Provide specific college information and enrollment services/assistance to area high school students, counselors, and principals
- Assists LEIS Coordinator with internal audit files.
- Assists Records Specialist with closeout of student records for end of semester reporting
- Identifies auditing and monitoring compliance issues and work with instructors and staff to rectify all matters
- Prepares all class folders for reconciliation, ICR, and scanning per semester requirements.
- Pays strong attention to detail to review large amount of data and numbers.
- Assists with CCP Program: advising and registration setup, information sessions scheduling and setup, CCP files, etc.
- Collaborate with JCC personnel in Instruction and Student Services to coordinate student enrollment, registration, and coursework
- Provide information and respond to requests regarding college policies and procedures
- Maintain effective communication between JCC personnel and high school/home school/ private/charter school personnel
- Collaborate with Academic Enrichment Services, Student Services, and Institutional Effectiveness to facilitate student success and retention
- Maintain sensitivity, understanding, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Report complex data and research findings based on the knowledge level and needs of the audience of the information.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work including the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute descriptive and inferential statistics.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situation where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Understand and interpret pertinent State Education and Administrative codes, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain mental capacity which allows the capability of making sound decisions and demonstrating intellectual capabilities.
- Ability to retrieve data from student information systems.
- Proficient in Computer programs: Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, Informer, and Colleague.
- Knowledge of modern office equipment including computers and printers.
- Ability to complete file transfers between systems.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact