Main Campus - Smithfield, NC
Closes: Tuesday, March 1, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Minimum: Associate’s degree in Business or related field.
Experience Minimum: One (1) to three (3) years’ administrative experience.
Under general supervision, the Administrative Specialist will provide higher level administrative services to help ensure efficient day-to-day operation of the University Studies & Educational Technologies department. Major responsibilities include, but are not limited to: develop budget recommendations, monitors budget expenditures, participates in long-range planning for department, prepares required reports, plans and carries out special projects, manage personnel processes including onboarding and select trainings.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Active participation in office management, including handling general clerical tasks that support departmental faculty and staff
- Work collaboratively with other departments to help solve administrative issues
- Provides training and assistance to full and part time faculty on college systems, academic procedures and administrative tasks
- Coordinates USET facilities maintenance requirements including preventative plans and usage analysis
- Create classroom schedules and assist with classroom operations in 3 academic buildings
- Respond to and initiate inquiries. Explain policies, answer questions, and independently resolve problems whenever feasible
- Prepare presentation materials for use by others, editing content and adding appropriate graphic and design element. These responsibilities may include creating or editing web content
- Compose and/or prepare correspondence, memoranda, promotional materials, forms, newsletters, manuals and reports using appropriate word processing and spreadsheet tools. Perform basic statistical calculations on data for reports and presentations
- Plan, prioritize and schedule meetings and appointments for Department Chairs and Associate VP. Make decisions on a daily basis regarding calendars
- Arrange and coordinate travel and travel reimbursement for staff
- Create and maintains primary procedures related to the department’s budget including expenses, budget transfer, reconciliation reports and budget forecast recommendations
- Processes all equipment and supply orders adhering to the college procurement policies
- Maintains collaborative network sites for various departmental groups. Maintains necessary academic records and forms
- Inputs and tracks all kbox service tickets
- Establishes and edits departmental operational calendar
- Serves as primary administrative liaison to Foundation, Business Office, Maintenance & Housekeeping offices and Purchasing.
- Processes and/or tracks key departmental submissions including make up forms, door schedules and syllabi
- Collects and manages instructional inventory for 5 academic programs
- Plan and manage key departmental programming activities including welcome back activities, holiday party, end of semester events, birthday announcements, USET faculty recognition program
- Assist faculty & department chairs with the creation of program flyers and special events
- Manage the USET Special Purpose Fund requests, payments and solicitations
- Create and manage USET newsletter
- Develop content for electronic monitors & bulletin boards
- Manages special projects as requested by administration and/or faculty
- Assists department with student recruitment & retention activities
- Participates in departmental annual planning
Personnel & Training
- Manage key personnel processes for select employees including recruitment requests and onboarding
- Provide select training related to faculty administrative procedures such as supply requests, academic forms, USET hierarchy, adjunct payroll and others.
- Coordinates and confirms interview schedules and creates interview packets
- Processes all onboarding documents for new hires
- Maintains departmental personnel files
- Manage documents related to annual evaluation process
- Other duties as assigned
This job supervises department work study student and summer interns.
- Functional Reasoning: Requires the ability to apply principles of influence systems, such as motivation, incentive, and leadership. Ability to exercise independent judgment to apply facts and principles for developing approaches and techniques to problem resolution.
- Situational Reasoning: Requires the ability to exercise the judgment, decisiveness and creativity required in situations involving the direction, control and planning of administrative responsibilities. Develops and applies new and unique methods and strong critical thinking to executing plans and strategies.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as instruction, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Knowledge of Microsoft Products as used in overall management in an educational environment is required. Experience creating publications and digital content using various authoring tools is preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Equipment, Machinery, Tools, and Materials Utilization
Requires the ability to use, operate, and/or handle office equipment, such as a computer and printer, facsimile machine, copier, calculator and communications equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact