Haywood Community College, 185 Freedlander Drive, Clyde, NC 28721
Closes: Friday, November 24, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate's Degree. The position also requires strong organizational skills and robust computer skills. Must be self-motivated and able to work with diverse people in a multifaceted workplace.
Associates Degree in Business, Office Systems Administration, or a related field. Previous experience within NC Community System, Colleague, and CFNC portal.
Under the direction of the Director of Enrollment Management, responsible for initiating, coordinating, and performing the support functions required to effectively and accurately process student enrollment information. Support students as requested with completing admission processes. Teamwork and problem-solving skills are imperative to advance the mission of the division and College.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Provide front-line customer service to prospective and continuing students with admissions applications, RDS, and FAFSA applications.
- Provide follow-up for any RDS issues with students.
- Process applications for continuing education students.
- Determine student eligibility for enrollment (Curriculum & Continuing Education).
- Prepare written communication to applicants to confirm acceptance and needs for acceptance.
- Evaluate incoming High School Transcripts and award applicable RISE/prerequisites following current NCCCS guidelines.
- Process student data changes such as declarations, program changes, name and address changes, FERPA releases, etc., for assigned programs
- Assist with document imaging/paperless workflow/archiving system; scan student records.
- Participate in Colleague training and remain up-to-date with software changes.
- Maintain accurate student records in compliance with SACSCOC and NCCCS compliance requirements.
- Assist with CFNC application downloading as requested.
- Issue student ID cards per policy and procedure.
- Assist with registration as requested.
- Serve on college committees and assist with student activities and events, including graduation.
- Assist with transcript requests, both incoming and outgoing. Either In person or via the National Student Clearing House request portal
- Serve as backup point of contact for the student services front desk. Responsible for answering and routing calls, greeting visitors, handling inquiries from the public, operating office equipment (copier, fax, scanner, etc.), and coordinating incoming and outgoing mail.
- Maintain schedule for Student Services conference room.
- Adhere to all institutional policies and procedures and perform other duties as assigned.
- Ensure a Student-Centered Environment is maintained and work collaboratively to solve interdepartmental issues.
- Follow FERPA laws while processing and maintaining accurate student records (applications, transcripts, medical records, etc.)
- Maintain professional behavior following professional code of conduct and ethics.
How to Apply
The following is necessary for consideration:
- Official Haywood Community College employment application online found at our jobs page: https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/haywoodedu. Please call Beverly Balliot with any questions or if you are unable to complete the online application for any reason.
- The application must be complete for consideration - do not reference resume. A resume is suggested but does not take the place of any questions or details that you need to provide in order to be qualified for the position. Unofficial transcripts must be included for the application process. Most unofficial transcripts can be downloaded from college/university websites. Official transcripts of all secondary education must be submitted to Human Resources within 10 days of any offer of employment.
- References may not be a current HCC employee. Candidates must provide three professional references with email addresses. At least one reference must be a current or previous supervisor.
- College screening committee is responsible for application review, interviews, and recommends the candidate to HR. Upon completion of the hire process in HR, President approval is required in the hire of a candidate.
- HCC is a tobacco free campus
Haywood Community College provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, political affiliation or status as a covered veteran in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Upon request, the College will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities so that they may be able to perform the essential functions of their job unless doing so would result in an undue burden for the College.
Haywood Community College (HCC) is part of the North Carolina Community College System and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges & Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Founded in 1965, it is an open-door institution with the mission to foster an environment that meets the educational needs of the communities it serves, promotes student success in higher education and in the workplace, and facilitates economic development. This includes programs for Haywood County high school students through Career and College Promise and Haywood Early College. The college campus, a designated arboretum, boasts one of the most beautiful college campuses in the state with an iconic mill pond, a productive greenhouse, dahlia gardens, an orchard garden and a rhododendron garden.