Main Campus - Smithfield, NC
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Wednesday, October 27, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Recent industry experience is highly desirable.
Education Minimum: A.A.S. in Industrial Technology, Electronic, Mechatronics or equivalent Industrial Degree.
Education Preferred: B.S. in Industrial Technology or equivalent Industrial or Engineering Degree.
Experience Minimum: One (1) to three (3) years of industry experience.
Experience Preferred: Five (5)+ years of industry experience and one (1)+ years teaching experience.
Under general supervision, the purpose of this position is to provide instruction in certificate, diploma, and A.A.S. programs in applied engineering technology trades that involve electrical, mechanical, pneumatics, PLCs, and controls. Employees in this classification perform instructional work. Position is responsible for teaching classes and instructing students; preparing lesson plans; preparing and administering tests; evaluating work; and counseling and advising students. Performs related work as required.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Teaches classes and instructs; conducts learning activities with electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, PLC and control equipment.
- Prepares lesson activities; prepares and oversees laboratory experiments and projects.
- Determines need for supplies; ensure proper storage and security of supplies; obtains quotes as needed.
- Averages grades and prepares grade reports.
- Prepares attendance reports and administers attendance policy; administers and responds to annual evaluation reports; prepares and maintains a variety of paperwork.
- Maintains cleanliness of class/labs area.
- Maintain security of tools and equipment.
- Counsels and advises students.
- Recruits new students for the program.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend written material
Applicant must have a working knowledge of basic math and Algebra.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Applicant must have basic computer and key boarding skills. Microsoft office knowledge a plus as this job will require the use of this software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Any certifications or license a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact