FT Associate Vice President of College Transfer Programs
245 College Road
Smithfield, NC 27577
Closes: Wednesday, May 31, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Master’s Degree with 18 semester hours in an academic discipline represented by the division.
3 (three) years administrative experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job.
Provides overall strategic leadership to the College Transfer Programs and Department Chairs. Plans, organizes and directs programmatic and administrative activities to ensure that programs comply with College standards, policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Represents instructional programs and services in College planning processes and decision-making
2. Provide academic leadership to foster student learning through effective teaching and meaningful instructional programs.
3. Manage all fiscal responsibilities for the department including development of the budget, approval of budget requests and expenditures, and preparation of financial reconciliations and reports.
4. Recruit, hire, orient and develop departmental direct reports.
5. Serve as a liaison with external stakeholders to help meet community needs.
6. Provide leadership in faculty/staff development.
7. Monitors effectiveness of instructional departments through assessment and planning.
8. Align instructional departments with college mission and goals.
9. Provide leadership for development, implementation, and maintenance of curriculum programs to meet the external requirements of SACSCOC and other accrediting agencies
10 Seek out alternative funding resources, including donations and grants.
11. Represent campus at college-wide, instructional, and community meetings.
12. Oversee the overall day-to-day operations.
13. Serve on committees and perform other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has supervisory responsibilities
Requires the ability to utilize a wide variety of descriptive data and information, such as policy manuals, college manuals, SACSCOC Standards, course syllabi, and textbooks.
Requires the ability to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division, ability to calculate decimals and percentages.
Functional Reasoning - Requires the ability to apply principles of influence systems, such as motivation, incentive, teaching pedagogy, and leadership. Ability to exercise independent judgment to apply facts and principles for developing approaches and techniques to problem resolution.
Situational Reasoning - Requires the ability to exercise the judgment, decisiveness and creativity required in situations involving the direction, control and planning of instructional programs.
Computer Skills A complete knowledge of Microsoft Products as used in overall management in an educational environment is required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
No Certificates, Licenses, or Registrations are required
Requires the ability to function in a supervisory/managerial capacity for a group of workers. Includes the ability to make decisions on procedural and technical levels.
Equipment, Machinery, Tools, and Materials Utilization
Requires the ability to use, operate, and/or handle office equipment, such as a computer and printer, facsimile machine, copier, calculator and communications equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee must be able to communicate effectively. The employee must be able to meet mobility requirements and be able to occasionally move materials of up to 10 pounds. Must be able to access print material and utilize the information effectively.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
How to Apply
Please apply on our website at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/johnstonccedu/jobs/4027591/ft-associa...
Job Post Contact