- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, May 24, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
This position requires a Master’s degree earned from an accredited college or university with at least 18 graduate semester hours in Biology courses.
Knowledge of and the ability to teach the Biology courses offered in the Science Department including General Biology, Anatomy and Physiology, and Microbiology.
Prior experience in teaching at the post-secondary level is preferred
Biology instructors must have broad competencies in teaching a range of biology courses; they must be student-centered and willing to use varied instructional methods to provide effective classroom, lab, and online instruction.
Receives general supervision from Chair of the Science Department
• Exercises no supervision
Teach a minimum of 18 credit/25 contact hours per semester, including evening and online classes as assigned.
• Prepare and execute lessons, lectures, activities, and exercises for lecture, laboratory, and online settings.
• Maintain safe and proper practices in compliance with OSHA standards in all student activities.
• Develop and prepare effective tests of different types to accurately evaluate student performance.
• Grade and return assignments and maintain accurate grading and attendance records.
• Provide prompt and appropriate professional correspondence to students and colleagues.
• Participate in curriculum development. Evaluate and modify student learning outcomes and instructional methods as needed.
• Contribute to college initiatives such as, but not limited to, recruiting, goal-planning, student success, and retention.
• Participate in faculty meetings, committee meetings, and professional development activities.
• Maintain scheduled office hours and a minimum of 30 hours on campus each week, scheduled to effectively meet the needs of students.
• Coordinate with lab technicians to order supplies, equipment, and texts as needed.
• Stay current on advising trends and curriculum changes to effectively guide students through degree pathways.
• Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned
Full Job Description available on website