100 College Drive Weldon, NC 27890
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Sunday, December 31, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Master’s degree in Biology or a master’s degree with at least 18 graduate hours in biology/anatomy & physiology from an accredited institution; must be a Master's degree in Biology or a Master's degree with at least 18 graduate hours in biology/anatomy & physiology from a regionally accredited institution.
Preferred: Preference will be given to a qualified individual with a multi-disciplinary science background that possesses an additional 18 graduate hours in a discipline such as chemistry, geology, math or engineering. Two years of teaching experience in anatomy & physiology. Blackboard and community college teaching experience. Experience working with the diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of students.
- Teach assigned classes
- Create an effective learning environment.
- Meet classes as assigned.
- Present instruction based on the student learning outcomes and performance levels of the course.
- Use teaching methods designed for a variety of learning styles.
- Use course text, outlines, syllabi and other curriculum materials in accordance with college and departmental guidelines.
- Assist with maintaining a classroom environment emphasizing safety, good housekeeping,and equipment security.
- Maintain a minimum of five office hours per week to advise/assist students and no less than thirty-two hours per week on campus.
- Assist in ordering and inventory of departmental supplies, materials, and equipment.
- Assist the Learning Resource Center in selecting and maintaining a collection of books, periodicals,and audiovisual media.
- Complete and submit on time all required instructional and administrative reports and records.
- Assist in enforcement of policies and regulations applicable to students and initiate student alerts when necessary.
- Serve on various college committees.
- Serve as a representative of the College for special events.
- Participate in College events and activities.
- Serve as advisor to assigned students.
- Assist in registration and early registration.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Department Head, School Chair, Associate Dean of Curriculum, and VP of Academic Affairs.Recruit, Advise, and Retain Students Participate in communications with the college and department and meet deadlines as required
- Submit required reports.
- Participate in the college's assessment process, as required.
- Fulfill all contract provisions.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism as a representative of the college.
- Maintain accurate attendance and scholastic records of students.
- Maintain knowledge of programs, trends, and new developments in area of expertise.
- Engage in continuous improvement through assessment of student learning outcomes.
- Contribute to the College’s Quality Enhancement Plan.
How to Apply
MUST READ Special Instructions and Additional Information to Applicants:
All applications for this position must be submitted directly via our online application system at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/halifaxcc.
Applications submitted through third party sites will not be accepted. Application packets for employment must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date. If multiple applications are submitted to an individual posting, only the most recent application received prior to the posting close date will be accepted.
Resumes are not accepted in lieu of state applications. "See Attached Resume", etc. will result in an incomplete application. Resumes, cover letters, and all transcripts listed on application must be uploaded with your application. To receive credit, all relevant experience must be included in the work history section of the application.
Any information omitted from the application but included in the resume will not be considered for qualifying credit. Persons eligible for Veteran's Preference must submit a copy of Form DD-214.