Workforce Development Center - Clayton, NC
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Thursday, September 24, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Minimum: Associates degree in Biology, Microbiology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Industrial Systems, Engineering or any related field.
Education Preferred: Bachelor's degree or higher in Biology, Microbiology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Industrial Systems, Engineering or any related field.
Experience Minimum: No less than three years of biotechnical or pharmaceutical industry experience. Experience teaching or training in an industry setting is preferred. Experience in manufacturing setting preferred.
Serves as biotechnology industry liaison to develop and teach related curricula. Serves as instructor for the training programs associated with the Biotechnology department including BioWork, Advanced Bioprocessing, Aseptic Training, and Bioprocess Technology courses.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Instructs courses in the Biotechnology department.
- Works closely with Customized Training to develop course material and provide training specifically for the Biotech industry in the region.
- Assists students and potential students with questions and inquiries about the programs.
- Tutors students who are having difficulty with the material in Biotechnology programs.
- Handles student issues including, make-up tests, retests, attendance issues, etc.
- Maintains lab materials and equipment for inventory purposes.
- Works with part time faculty and technicians to ensure proper lab materials and set up are available.
- Assists in the tracking, retention and marketing for students within the biotechnology program and for potential students.
- Prepares lab activities and instructor demonstrations.
- Serves on internal and external committees as requested.
- Participates in professional organizations and associations.
- Maintains personal certifications and stays up-to-date in latest biotechnologies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Office. Individual should be confident in creating their own instructional materials as needed, using a variety of instructional tools and methods.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact