Workforce Development Center - Clayton, NC
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Thursday, September 24, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Minimum: AAS in Industrial Technology, Electronic, Mechatronic or equivalent Industrial degree.
Experience Minimum: Three years of maintenance experience in biotechnical or pharmaceutical industry.
Serves as instructor for the training programs associated with the Biotechnology and Advanced Technology departments including Bioprocess Technology and Applied Engineering curriculum designed as a BioBlend of Aseptic processes and maintenance.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Develops and instructs courses in the Biotechnology/Advanced Technology departments including electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic and controls of biotech equipment.
- Assists students and potential students with questions and inquiries about the programs.
- Tutors students who are having difficulty with the material in both programs.
- Handles student issues including, make-up tests, retests, attendance issues, etc.
- Maintains BioSWE equipment for update and repair purposes as well as safety and security
- Prepares lesson and lab activities and instructor demonstrations.
- Serves on internal and external committees as requested.
- Participates in professional organizations and associations.
- Maintains personal certifications and stays abreast of professional advancements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Office.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear and is frequently required to walk; sit; and stoop, kneel, couch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Working with biotechnology equipment, such as large stainless steel tanks, autoclaves, boilers, skids and other hazards is customary in this environment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact