Main Campus - Smithfield, NC
Closes: Tuesday, May 18, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be dependable and reliable. This job requires an individual to take initiative and independently plan, organize, coordinate and perform work in multiple areas with a diverse range of demands. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Minimum: High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
Experience Minimum: Three (3) years related experience in a fast-paced public service environment with similar customer service duties.
This individual is considered an essential face of Johnston Community College. One who provides quality front door experience while welcoming, greeting and directing on-site visitors and callers in a personable and polished manner. An individual prepared to provide the utmost professional support to all students, faculty and staff. Efficiently operates a multiline telephone system to answer incoming calls and direct callers to appropriate personnel and/or provide requested information. Responsible for all main duties assigned to the information desk campus concierge. Assists in scheduling part time coverage for the area and works closely with other departments to proficiently support and enhance communicate information to campus employees. Assists departments across campus with reservations and vendor services. Also, performs other various administrative tasks as assigned and assists other departments as job demands. *The FT Campus Concierge is also titled FT Front Desk Coordinator for JCC Staff Banding purposes.*
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcomes on-site visitors, determines nature of business, directs and announces visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Answers incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of callers, and forwards calls to appropriate personnel or department.
- Takes and delivers messages or transfers calls to voice mail when appropriate personnel are unavailable.
- Maintains main phone line voicemail and distribution of them to appropriate departments.
- Assists with scheduling coverage support for the information desk during an absence or for after hour requirements.
- Assists with the implementation, updating and operation of campus electronic messaging and response chat bot service.
- Answers questions about organization and provides callers with address, directions, and other requested information.
- Issues parking decals to students and inputs vehicle and decal information in Onbase for electronic submission.
- Assists campus employees with problems and emergencies.
- Receives calls for maintenance requests, creates and/or requests Kbox tickets for services and issues as notified.
- Electronically pulls and reports monthly Toshiba copier totals from each department’s copier machine.
- Creates and manages vehicle reservations and room reservations in 25 Live.
- Maintains, distributes and inventories campus vehicle keys based on reservations
- Confirms and receives driver license information and/or submits completed licensing information and approval form to supervisor, prior to campus vehicle usage.
- Works with maintenance in regards to vehicle conditions, detailing, etc.
- Receives completed key requests, emails all employees for key pick up and distributes keys once they are received.
- Maintains continuous employee key inventory spreadsheet for all keys issued and returned.
- Issues refunds for all vending machines and contacts vendor when refund money is low or to report a machine issue.
- Issues and maintains log for master key usage from employees and outside vendors.
- Contacts Security when emergencies arise and reports suspicious activity.
- Assists with phone recording updates and campus closure signage.
- Assists Advancement & Community Outreach division and Auxiliary Services department with assignments and duties as needed.
- All other duties as requested.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Ability to properly write and format correspondence.
- Bilingual verbal and written skills preferred.
- Speak in a polished and professional manner to all visitors, reputable guests and employees of the College or other organizations.
- Ability to formally announce distinguished guests of the College President and/or other groups.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to professionally create and present spreadsheets using formulas for percentages and totals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to quickly respond to emergency situations in a calm and professional manner.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have experience and knowledge of all Microsoft Office programs, be familiar with excel spreadsheet functions and formulas, and have the ability to access College software regarding room, vehicle and event reservations.
This position will continue to evolve regarding technological advancements across campus, individuals must present proper computer experience and knowledge in order to properly adapt.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The average noise level in the work environment is typical of a community college setting, but can depend on specific events scheduled. There are times the workspace and surrounding areas can be busy, louder and at times distracting, individuals must be able to focus and multitask regardless of distractions.
Johnston Community College typically operates on a Monday – Thursday schedule from 7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. and on Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
In addition, from mid-May – early August, the College operates on a forty-hour work week from Monday – Thursday, with the College closed on Fridays.
Coverage in this area could require occasional coverage outside of regularly scheduled hours with an intent to provide proper notification.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact