Main Campus - Smithfield, NC
Closes: Thursday, July 22, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Minimum: Bachelor’s degree
Experience Minimum: One (1) to three (3) years' experience with program coordination, student advising or an appropriate combination of experience at the post-secondary level.
Experience Preferred: Three (3) to five (5) years' experience working in the community college setting in CCP or Student Services.
The person in this position will coordinate dual-enrollment opportunities for local qualifying high school students for the Johnston Community College Career and College Program (CCP) in cooperation with Johnston County Public Schools (JCPS) and Johnston County charter schools, home schools, and private schools.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide specific college information and enrollment services/assistance to area high school students, counselors, and principals.
- Coordinate the advising and registration process for CCP students and implement an effective training program for faculty advisors and support staff.
- Serve as an academic advisor and be the point of contact for the Registrar’s office regarding CCP student registration.
- Coordinate CCP Information Sessions, CCP Expo and other special events and activities that increase awareness of opportunities for high school students.
- Participate in program evaluation and the development and implementation of the annual departmental plan.
- Manage the programs website, CCP email account, and presence on social media platforms.
- Collaborate with Department Chair, JCPS Director of CCP and JCPS CCP Specialist to ensure accuracy in maintenance of CCP records for auditing purposes. Assist with updating, managing and archiving student records.
- Participate in Articulation Agreement meetings between JCC personnel and associated JCPS personnel
- Stay current concerning the regulations instituted by the North Carolina Community College System (NCCCS) in conjunction with the Department of Public Instruction (DPI) with regard to CCP pathways available to high school students.
- Collaborate with Academic Enrichment Services, Student Services, and Institutional Effectiveness to facilitate student success and retention.
- Assist in recruitment and selection of non-Johnston Country participants (home school, private school, and charter school).
- Participate in applicable professional organizations.
- Serve on various JCC standing committees.
- Maintain sensitivity, understanding, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervising administrator.
Supervise part-time employees such as interns and work-study students.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of students, parents and campus representatives.
- Report complex data and research findings based on the knowledge level and needs of the audience of the information.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work including the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute descriptive and inferential statistics.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situation where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Understand and interpret pertinent State Education and Administrative codes, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain mental capacity which allows the capability of making sound decisions and demonstrating intellectual capabilities.
- Ability to retrieve data from student information systems.
- Proficient in computer programs: Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, Informer, and Colleague.
- Knowledge of modern office equipment including computers and printers.
- Ability to complete file transfers between systems.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact