Work Force Development Center - Clayton, NC
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Tuesday, May 21, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications:
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Minimum: Bachelor's degree in training, education, communications, marketing or related field. Candidates could also have a degree in a biotechnology related field.
Education Preferred: Master's degree in related field.
Experience Minimum: Three to five years of experience in career counseling and training in post-secondary education related biotechnology industry.
Instructs in communication and soft skills for biotechnology and other program areas. Counsels biotechnology students in career information.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Consults with industry to assess skills needed for job positions.
- Develops curriculum to enhance biotechnology programs and for industry needs.
- Counsels and meets with biotechnology students to discuss résumés, interviews, cover letter preparation, as well as potential job opportunities.
- Maintains social media presence to promote student access to jobs and program updates.
- Updates contact list for the life science industries in the surrounding areas.
- Coordinates job fairs for biotechnology and other program areas.
- Assists with information session logistics, and presents placement and counseling information.
- Teaches employability skills in all biotechnology courses and other program areas as requested.
- Maintains contact with biotechnology graduates on an annual basis to report placement data.
- Attends job fairs and information events to recruit for biotechnology and other program areas.
- Manages student internships and apprenticeships, and conducts site visits.
- Develops recruitment materials.
- Serves on committees and task forces as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Office. Individual should be confident in using spreadsheets to keep track of student data and inventory.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact