Main Campus - Smithfield, NC
Closes: Thursday, October 29, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Minimum: Associate's degree in accounting or business-related field.
Experience Minimum: One to three years cashiering experience within a business office environment.
Experience Preferred: Community college or other higher education work experience.
Performs the full range of general cashiering functions and provides assistance with other duties as needed.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives, verifies, records and issues receipts for all College cash collections.
- Distributes receipts, reports and various checks to appropriate recipients.
- Interacts with a diverse volume of students, staff, and the general public.
- Performs a variety of customer service and clerical work requiring general knowledge of fee collection and cashiering activities.
- Process phone payments for registration and various fees.
- Assists in maintaining a variety of financial records related to fee collection.
- Assists students with payments during on-campus registrations.
- Attends off-campus registrations as needed.
- Assists students with account, payment plan, and refund questions.
- Prepares System Office requested reports as needed.
- Updates knowledge and skills through continuous training.
- Performs other duties within the Business Office as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and orally.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of accounting programs and spreadsheet and word processing software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms, and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and is occasionally required to stand, stoop, and kneel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize without direct supervision.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact