Main Campus - Smithfield, NC
Closes: Wednesday, November 25, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Minimum: Associate’s degree in Business or related management/information technology degree.
Experience Minimum: One to three years of management and experience providing similar help desk/customer support service.
Provides first-level customer-oriented help desk support services for the College’s voice and data technology systems such as the telephone system, computers, computer peripherals, network resources, Active Directory administration, and infrastructure. Work assignments are usually received from College technology users or self-initiated. Develops, schedules, and provides workshop training sessions, remote technical support services, oversees the College’s cell phone functions, posts E-911 updates, maintains the department files, ensures semi-annual access reviews are completed, provides administrative support to the department and generates help desk reports providing courteous service. This position works closely with other members of the College. Periodic night and weekend work required.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Ensures compliance with the NCIIPS Security Manual Standards to include but not limited to the following:
- IT Department incident response team support
- College’s Help Desk and all its services
- Semi-annual account review process
- Processes network, storage, and Colleague account paperwork
- Maintains all aspects of the JCC Consolidated Help Desk to include queues for each department.
- Assists all office staff and instructors, both in person, via phone, and remote assistance when needed.
- Provides first-level support of hardware, applications, and desktop operating systems for faculty, staff and computer labs.
- Provides understandable directions via the telephone and in written form.
- Provides first-level support for the organizations Email system, Colleague system, network resources such as printing and storage.
- Troubleshoots first-level network account and access issues.
- Provides first-level administration of Active Directory User Accounts (Creation, Deletion, Permissions, and VPN Access).
- Provides first-level development of organizational units in Active Directory (AD).
- Maintains the College’s cell phone system to include monthly reviews of all associated billing, supply management and used compliance.
- Maintains the College’s E-911 database.
- Provides first-level technical support for the College’s telephone voicemail system.
- Provides administrative support to the department for mail distribution, copier totals, P-Card reconciliation, and requisition creation.
- Maintains the College’s Verizon portal for wireless telephones and hotspots.
- Enters service requests into the College’s Help Desk Database.
- Generates and follows scripted troubleshooting guides.
- Updates and maintains the Desktop Support Services Information Technology Intranet (SharePoint) Web Page and FAQ listing.
- Answers, researches or redirects trouble calls for issues requiring specific technical expertise.
- Provides Help Desk Ticket summary reports and updates project logs.
- Develops, schedules, and provides technology workshop session trainings to the JCC campus.
- Maintains the listing of staff expertise / coverage areas.
- Maintains, configures and troubleshoots the College’s Help Desk Database system.
- Maintains continuity binders for software and the Help Desk Database System.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
No supervisory responsibility.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, and help desk ticketing systems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers, and reach with hands and arms and is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, the ability to adjust focus and the ability to determine color.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact