Downtown Wilmington Campus
Closes: Friday, February 14, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
• Bachelor’s degree in Communication Studies, Education, Business or Marketing, or a closely-related area and two or more years of experience in establishing, marketing or coordinating training programs or educational course offerings, preferably in a Community College or University environment.
• Associate’s degree in Office Administration, Business Management or related field and four or more years of experience in establishing, marketing or coordinating training programs or educational course offerings, preferably in a Community College or University environment. A minimum Bronze level Career Readiness Certification preferred.
Datatel/Colleague experience strongly preferred
Continually develop, coordinate, monitor and evaluate a wide array of personal enrichment courses and summer youth camps in CFCC’s service area, Pender and New Hanover counties.
Continually develop, coordinate, monitor and evaluate a wide array of self-supporting personal enrichment courses and summer youth camps. Create a robust schedule of spring, summer and fall courses which addresses the needs and interests of residents in CFCC’s two-county service area.
• Build course sections, reserve rooms, set up billing for classes, and generate instructor contracts electronically utilizing the College’s Colleague records-management system. Maintain accurate electronic records and have a thorough knowledge of all Colleague procedures.
• Maintain regular communication with instructors regarding class schedules, current class enrollments and required class documentation. Meet with current instructors as needed prior to beginning of class sections to explain policies and procedures and distribute class paperwork. Regularly assess supply and equipment needs for classes and inform director of needed supplies.
• Assist students with registering for classes, both in-person and over the phone. Respond to all voicemails and emails within a timely manner and provide excellent customer service when answering student questions about course availability, content and supplies. Email students with all pertinent class information prior to the beginning of their classes.
• Compile instructor contracts, class rosters, registration forms, receipts, attendance sheets and pay sheets and submit all class documentation within the required deadline period after classes conclude. Comply with all College record retention and auditing procedures.
• Assist Director in performing class visitations and conducting evaluations of existing instructors to ensure consistent quality of instruction. Distribute surveys to assess student satisfaction in courses as needed.
• Assist Director in actively recruiting instructors for new personal enrichment classes.
• Assist Director in actively seeking ways to market courses to CFCC students and employees, and the College’s service area, including various tabling events, social media applications, email blasts and in-person visits to community groups.