Haywood Community College, 185 Freedlander Dr, Clyde, NC 28721
Closes: Monday, May 16, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate degree in Business Administration, Office Systems, or related field. Must be self-motivated with ability to work with diverse groups of people in a multifaceted workplace. Strong interpersonal and organization skills. Competent in Microsoft Office with solid computer skills.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field. Continuing Education experience within a NC Community College. Knowledge of Datatel/Colleague systems.
The Coordinator of Workforce Continuing Education Compliance is dedicated to maintaining timely and accurate records of the progress and accomplishments of students. The WCE Coordinator of Registration, Reporting & Compliance supports the instructional and administrative responsibilities of faculty, staff and administrators by gathering and disseminating needed data efficiently and expediently and by designing and implementing registration and course adjustment procedures that will ensure the consistent, equitable application of institutional policies and regulations.
Essential Job Duties
- Implements and maintains a current filing system for Workforce Continuing Education and the Small Business Center.
- Processes and maintains documentation necessary for all classes scheduled through Workforce Continuing Education and the Small Business Center using the College’s data management system(s).
- Serves as internal audit point for all Workforce Continuing Education documentation.
- Respond to and resolve any course discrepancies by working with program coordinators, the Associate Dean, Dean and Vice President’s offices.
- Provides coaching on a regular and as-needed basis for new and existing staff based on new guidelines or internal compliance monitoring findings.
- Prepares the Workforce Continuing Education ICR and certification reports and ensures that these reports are submitted on time in accordance with the state-mandated policies and procedures.
- Prepare and process transcript evaluations, time sheets, and leave reports.
- Establishes and maintains an effective system of monitoring the status of class documentation and disseminating information to all Continuing Education coordinators/directors.
- Verify and submit payroll for Workforce Continuing Education and the Small Business Center monthly.
- Responsible for the collection and processing of completed course paperwork for departmental coordinators and Student Services
- Initiates paperwork for refund requests.
- Perform instructor evaluations through internal course compliance monitoring.
- Deletes students from classes when refunds are requested.
- Notifies business office personnel when refunds requested are through sponsored billing.
- Supports the registration efforts of Workforce Continuing Education and the Small Business Center.
- Contributes to the College Vision, Mission and Values of Haywood Community College.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
The following is necessary for consideration:
- Official Haywood Community College employment application online found at our jobs page: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/haywoodedu. Please call Beverly Balliot with any questions or if you are unable to complete the online application for any reason.
- The application must be complete for consideration - do not reference resume. A resume is suggested but does not take the place of any questions or details that you need to provide in order to be qualified for the position. Unofficial transcripts must be included for the application process. Most unofficial transcripts can be downloaded from college/university websites. Official transcripts of all secondary education must be submitted to Human Resources within 10 days of any offer of employment.
- References may not be a current HCC employee. Candidates must provide three professional references with email addresses. At least one reference must be a current or previous supervisor.
- College screening committee is responsible for application review, interviews, and recommends the candidate to HR. Upon completion of the hire process in HR, President approval is required in the hire of a candidate.
- HCC is a tobacco free campus
Haywood Community College provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, political affiliation or status as a covered veteran in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Upon request, the College will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities so that they may be able to perform the essential functions of their job unless doing so would result in an undue burden for the College.
Haywood Community College (HCC) is part of the North Carolina Community College System and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges & Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Founded in 1965, it is an open-door institution with the mission to foster an environment that meets the educational needs of the communities it serves, promotes student success in higher education and in the workplace, and facilitates economic development. This includes programs for Haywood County high school students through Career and College Promise and Haywood Early College. The college campus, a designated arboretum, boasts one of the most beautiful college campuses in the state with an iconic mill pond, a productive greenhouse, dahlia gardens, an orchard garden and a rhododendron garden.