Haywood Community College, 185 Freedlander Dr, Clyde, NC 28721
Closes: Wednesday, November 30, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate’s Degree in Business, Office Systems Administration, or a related field. Position also requires strong organization skills and robust computer skills. Must be self-motivated with ability to work with diverse groups of people in a multifaceted workplace.
Previous experience within NC Community System, Colleague and Self-Service skills.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Under the direction of the Vice President of Instruction, responsible for initiating, coordinating, and performing the support functions required for the effective implementation of programs of study and courses for Division of Instruction. Serve as a facilitator for functions handled in the Vice President of Instruction Office. Teamwork and leadership skills are imperative to advance the mission of the division and college.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Assist VP of Instruction with annual Curriculum Committee Meeting, including collection of applications and minutes of meeting.
- Assist VP of Instruction with completion of program applications or termination requests to the NCCCS Office, SACSCOC, and other accreditation bodies.
- Build programs of study in Datatel for approval by the NCCCS Office.
- Build program suggested schedules within appropriate student advising software.
- Maintain record of program changes throughout time for archival purposes
- Support the revision and production of the annual school catalog.
- Attend annual program of study training to remain updated on program changes.
Course Related Functions
- Assist VP of Instruction with development of annual curriculum academic calendar and for each course delivery session (8 week, etc.).
- Maintain school’s common course library in Datatel following NCCCS Office guidelines.
- Build curriculum course sections in Datatel for student registration based on Dean requests.
- Assist with course enrollments during registration with activities such as adjusting course capacities and course additions or cancellations.
- Maintain currency on technology and software updates related to the responsibilities of this position.
- Assist in preparing part-time contracts based on information provided by the Dean/Program Manager and as a function of course building.
- Assist in the processing of student related advising forms including: CCP applications, course subs, permission to repeat, and request for section 99 forms.
- Attend Perkin’s meetings on behalf of the college as required by the NCCCS office.
- Collect information for and develop annual Perkin’s requests, activities, budget for approval by VP of Instruction, VP of Business Operations, and College President.
- Coordinate equipment orders approved within Perkin’s budget.
- Manage Perkin’s budget throughout the funding cycle and advise VP of Instruction of changes or additional order needs
- Complete annual Perkin’s report for VP of Instruction approval.
- Share Perkin’s local best practices with other coordinators as appropriate or requested.
- Maintain list of Perkin’s inventory and work with Business Office to complete annual equipment audit.
- Assist in data collection and record keeping required for SACSCOC accreditation, maintain consistent, accurate, and easily navigable records for Division of Instruction, collect, organize, and summarize data for decision making by Vice President of Instruction.
- Collaboratively establish annual calendar of information collection, planning, and scheduling related to instructional activities with input from Deans
- Provide support for assigned committees and various national and state organizations and participate in college-wide activities as required.
- Assist Vice President of Instruction in managing budgets and making appropriate transfers when needed.
- Serve as back-up point of contact for the Vice President of Instruction. Responsible for answering and routing calls, greeting visitors, handling inquiries from the public, ordering and inventorying office supplies, operating office equipment (copier, fax, scanner, etc.) and coordinating incoming and outgoing mail.
- Serve as back-up for preparing correspondence, agendas, publications, and management reports, arrange appointments, meetings, events, and travel schedules.
- Adhere to all institutional policies and procedures, perform other duties as assigned.
- Ensure a Student-Centered Environment and work collaboratively to solve interdepartmental issues
- Serve as a campus resource in the areas of programs of study, course enrollments, and Perkin’s award.
How to Apply
The following is necessary for consideration:
- Official Haywood Community College employment application online found at our jobs page: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/haywoodedu. Please call Beverly Balliot with any questions or if you are unable to complete the online application for any reason.
- The application must be complete for consideration - do not reference resume. A resume is suggested but does not take the place of any questions or details that you need to provide in order to be qualified for the position. Unofficial transcripts must be included for the application process. Most unofficial transcripts can be downloaded from college/university websites. Official transcripts of all secondary education must be submitted to Human Resources within 10 days of any offer of employment.
- References may not be a current HCC employee. Candidates must provide three professional references with email addresses. At least one reference must be a current or previous supervisor.
- College screening committee is responsible for application review, interviews, and recommends the candidate to HR. Upon completion of the hire process in HR, President approval is required in the hire of a candidate.
- HCC is a tobacco free campus
Haywood Community College provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, political affiliation or status as a covered veteran in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Upon request, the College will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities so that they may be able to perform the essential functions of their job unless doing so would result in an undue burden for the College.
Haywood Community College (HCC) is part of the North Carolina Community College System and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges & Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Founded in 1965, it is an open-door institution with the mission to foster an environment that meets the educational needs of the communities it serves, promotes student success in higher education and in the workplace, and facilitates economic development. This includes programs for Haywood County high school students through Career and College Promise and Haywood Early College. The college campus, a designated arboretum, boasts one of the most beautiful college campuses in the state with an iconic mill pond, a productive greenhouse, dahlia gardens, an orchard garden and a rhododendron garden.