Haywood Community College, 185 Freedlander Drive, Clyde, NC 28721
Closes: Thursday, September 16, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate’s Degree in Business Administration or a related field. Computer skills: Proficiency using Microsoft SharePoint, Outlook, Word, and Excel.
Experience operating various office technology such as phone systems, printing systems, and basic audio/visual aids. Experience working in a professional and confidential work environment. Experience with online course management platforms, such as Moodle, a plus.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Responsible for initiating, coordinating, and performing a variety of office support functions to facilitate the operations, goals, and objectives of the Arts, Sciences, and Natural Resources academic unit.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Serve as first point of contact for the Arts, Sciences, and Natural Resources department. Responsible for answering and routing calls, greeting visitors, handling inquiries from the public, ordering and inventorying office supplies, operating office equipment (computer, copier, fax, scanner, etc.) and coordinating incoming and outgoing mail.
- Prepare and process purchase requisitions, work orders, travel requests, book adoptions, timesheets, and leave reports.
- Submit ticket requests for maintenance, security, or other needs for department faculty and staff.
- Coordinate correspondence and communication to/from faculty and staff and maintain up-to-date office files.
- Coordinate department room schedule of classes for registration and publication.
- Prepare correspondence, agendas, publications, and management reports as needed.
- Arrange appointments, meetings, events, and travel schedules.
- Maintain currency on technology and software updates related to the responsibilities of this position.
- May operate-college owned vehicles.
- Provide support for assigned campus committees and various national and state organizations.
- Participate in college-wide trainings, workshops, and activities as required.
- Assist department Dean with projects/activities as needed; assist department program managers with projects/activities as needed; and take minutes for meetings when needed.
- Adhere to all institutional policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ensure a student-centered environment for front office while supporting departmental faculty and staff.
- Work collaboratively to solve inter-departmental issues.
How to Apply
The following is necessary for consideration
- Official Haywood Community College employment application online found at our jobs page: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/haywoodedu
- The application must be complete for consideration - do not reference resume. A resume and cover letter are suggested but should not take the place of any questions or details that you need to provide on the application in order to be qualified for the position. Unofficial transcripts must be included for the application process. Most unofficial transcripts can be downloaded from college/university websites.
- References may not be current HCC employee. Candidates must provide three professional references with email addresses. At least one reference must be a current or previous supervisor.
- College screening committee is responsible for application review, interviews, and recommends the candidate to HR. Upon completion of the hire process in HR, President approval is required in the hire of a candidate.
- HCC is a tobacco free campus
HCC is an equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sex, age, disability, genetic information and veteran status