Main Campus - Smithfield, North Carolina
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Tuesday, December 31, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Minimum: Master's degree in one of the following disciplines or related degree: Accounting and Finance, Business Administration, Community Spanish Interpreter, Information Technology, Medical Office Administration, Office Administration, or Paralegal Technology.
Experience Minimum: Three years teaching and/or administrative experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job.
5 years teaching and/or administrative experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job.
Under direction, the purpose of the position is to supervise, lead and evaluate instruction in the Business and Applied Technologies Department. Employees in this classification perform administrative and instructional work. Position is responsible for supervising and mentoring faculty; preparing class schedules; counseling and advising students; assisting with faculty selection; bringing innovation to the department; and teaching classes.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Teaches one class per semester (Fall/Spring) and advises students.
- Acts as visionary; develops and implements standards for curriculum while meeting the changing needs of the college and its students.
- Assists in recruiting, interviewing, and hiring of faculty.
- Coordinates, plans, markets, and evaluates the seven Business Education programs:
- Accounting and Finance
- Business Administration
- Community Spanish Interpreter
- Information Technology
- Medical Office Administration
- Office Administration
- Paralegal Technology
- Schedules classes, coordinates course scheduling with other programs, and evaluates instruction to ensure quality.
- Supports the total mission of the college through attendance of various college functions.
- Serves on various college and professional committees.
- Conducts faculty, program, and advisory committee meetings.
- Meets core curriculum model adopted by Community College system and compliance standards of appropriate external accrediting agencies to include Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Supervises, evaluates and mentors faculty.
- Recruits and fosters retention of students.
- Maintains a variety of records and reports including up to date test files and curricular plans.
- Coordinates textbooks selection; recommends books and audio-visual materials for purchase.
- Reads and researches curriculum-related materials; reviews current books and publications.
- Serves on Associate Vice President's senior management team
- Performs related work as required.
This job has supervisory responsibilities
Additional Information:Language Skills
Requires the ability to utilize a wide variety of descriptive data and information, such as policy manuals, Employee Handbook, SACS Criteria Manual, program guidelines from DCC, course syllabi and course textbooks.
Requires the ability to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division, ability to calculate decimals and percentages
Functional Reasoning: Requires the ability to apply principles of influence systems, such as motivation, incentive, teaching pedagogy, and leadership. Ability to exercise independent judgment to apply facts and principles for developing approaches and techniques to problem resolution.
Situational Reasoning: Requires the ability to exercise the judgment, decisiveness and creativity required in situations involving the direction, control and planning of the programs.
A complete knowledge of Microsoft Products as used in overall management in an educational environment is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact