Main Campus - Smithfield, North Carolina
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, January 19, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum: Associate Degree in Diesel and Heavy Equipment Technology or related field.
Minimum: Three years of work experience as a truck or equipment Service and Repair Technician
Preferred: Five years of work experience as a truck or equipment Service and Repair Technician, and some teaching/training experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: ASE Medium/Heavy Truck preferred
Under general supervision, the purpose of this position is to provide instruction in the certificate, diploma, and A.A.S. programs for the Diesel and Heavy Equipment Technology trade. Employee must possess a commitment to quality teaching and student achievement. Employees in this classification perform instructional work. Position is responsible for teaching classes and instructing students; administering tests; evaluating work; and counseling/advising students. Perform related work as required.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Teaches classes and instructs; conducts learning activities.
- Determines need for supplies; ensure proper storage and security of supplies; obtains quotes as needed.
- Averages grades and prepares grade reports.
- Prepares attendance reports and administers attendance policy; administers and responds to annual evaluation reports; prepares and maintains a variety of paperwork.
- Maintains cleanliness of class/lab area.
- Maintains security of tools and equipment.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Applicant must have a working knowledge of Algebra and Geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills: Applicant must have basic computer and key boarding skills. Microsoft office knowledge a plus as this job will require the use of this software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Any certifications or license a plus such as: Class A CDL, 609 refrigerant license, NC3 Certifications etc.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Applicants should be able to lift 40 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact