245 College Road
Smithfield, NC 27577
Closes: Monday, February 19, 2024
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree in education, administration, or related field
Experience Minimum: One (1) to Three (3) years' experience working in the community college setting in Career and College Promise, dual high school enrollment programs, or Student Services.
Education Preferred: Master’s Degree in education, higher education, and/or leadership
Experience Preferred: Three to five years' experience working in the community college setting in CCP administration or Student Services related role.
The Director is responsible for leading, managing, and promoting all aspects of Johnston Community College’s involvement with Career and College Promise (CCP) programs, Early College Academy, Career and Technical Leadership Academy, and any other secondary/postsecondary activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Serve as liaison between the College and the local school systems.
- Provide specific college information and recruitment and enrollment services/assistance to area high school students, counselors, and principals.
- Coordinate advising and registration for new and returning CCP students and participate in the training of advisors. This includes serving as an advisor as needed.
- Coordinate CCP information sessions, CCP Expo, and other special events.
- Coordinate and support the development of articulation agreements with memoranda of understanding with local high school partners.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Instructional departments at JCC to build CCP pathways and course offerings.
- Collaborate with JCC personnel in Instruction and Student Services to coordinate student enrollment, accessibility services, registration, and accurate record maintenance.
- Collaborate with high school partners to ensure coordination of high school and college schedules to allow access to college courses.
- Monitor CCP enrollment to ensure compliance with state and college guidelines.
- Provide information and respond to requests regarding college policies and procedures.
- Stay current concerning the regulations instituted by the North Carolina Community College System (NCCCS) in conjunction with the Department of Public Instruction (DPI) with regard to CCP pathways available to high school students.
- Participate in collaborative activities between JCC personnel, high school students, parents, and JCPS personnel to increase awareness of and interest in higher education opportunities for high school students.
- Maintain effective communication and quality partnerships between JCC personnel and high school/home school/ private/charter school personnel.
- Serve as coordinator for the recruitment and selection of non-Johnston Country participants (home school, private school, and charter school). This includes site visits and presentations, meetings with students, processing application packets and working with local school administrators.
- Manage and generate reports and annual assessments for JCC, NCCCS, or any other accrediting body.
- Attend and participate in professional development activities to stay current on the trends and best practices of high school dual enrollment programming.
- Serve on various College committees.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position supervises 2 CCP Coordinators and part-time staff as needed.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Report complex data and research findings based on the knowledge level and needs of the audience of the information.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work including the general public.
- Prepare and administer budgets.
- Ability to compute descriptive and inferential statistics.
- Interpret and explain College policies and procedures.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Understand and interpret pertinent State Education and Administrative codes, guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain mental capacity which allows the capability of making sound decisions and demonstrating intellectual capabilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Colleague and IIPS software programs, and Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to retrieve data from student information systems.
- Proficient in Computer programs: Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, Informer, and Colleague.
- Ability to complete file transfers between systems.
- Knowledge of Onbase document management system highly preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee must be able to communicate effectively. The employee must be able to meet mobility requirements and be able to occasionally move materials of up to 10 pounds. Must be able to access print material and utilize the information effectively.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment can be quiet.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact