JCC-Workforce Development Center
135 Best Wood Drive
Clayton, NC 27520
Closes: Monday, March 27, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Demonstrated success assessing the training and education needs of industry; developing and delivering customized programs; creating and maintaining professional networks; and making professional presentations. Knowledge of industrial technologies, management systems, and quality control processes. Must be a self-starter recognizing the importance of maintaining relationships with industry.
Education Minimum: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year institution in a related field.
Experience Minimum: Five (5) years of experience in an industry environment with some training/education experience.
Responsible for providing customized and corporate education and training for industries in Johnston County, establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with all Johnston County industries and other County organizations and agencies and broker education and training resources of the entire College.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with Johnston County industries.
- Assess the education and training needs of incumbent, prospective, and dislocated workers
- Broker education and training resources of the College, the NC Community College System and others to develop and deliver customized education and training.
- Provide guidance in the development of industry related curriculum programs.
- Teach industry specific courses if qualified.
- Promote positive working relationships between the college, industry and community agencies.
- Assist the Assistant Vice President of Workforce Development and Biotechnology with specialized industry related projects.
- Recruit, supervise and evaluate instructors.
- Coordinate with other areas of the College to promote work based learning and career placement opportunities.
- Serve on internal and external committees to further the goals of the College.
- Represent the College at local and regional events; communicate well in oral and written form.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of all reports for the NC Works Customized Training Program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient with Microsoft Office and be familiar with College specific systems (Datatel, Customized Training) and client management system programs.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- None are required, however, ability to train in certain areas of industry is a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee must be able to communicate effectively. The employee must be able to meet mobility requirements and be able to occasionally move materials of up to 10 pounds. Must be able to access print material and utilize the information effectively.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact