Main Campus - Smithfield, North Carolina
Closes: Tuesday, December 31, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor's degree in visual design, digital arts or a related field (equivalent professional experience will be considered.
- Five to seven years of marketing project management and design and design management experience, including design for print, the web, and digital media
- Superior proficiency and experience with Adobe Creative Suite (especially InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop) and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience managing budget, personnel and resources including collaborative workflow systems, digital asset, and client management tools
- Master's degree preferred.
- Experience in a higher education setting.
The Director of Creative Services works within the Communications Department and is responsible for providing leadership in the design and coordination of creative projects, from concept to production. Manages, develops, and executes creative concepts that support marketing efforts for the college, both internally and externally, through traditional and digital mediums to reach and engage with culturally diverse audiences.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Executes the strategy and creative development of core college creative campaigns that showcase JCC's brand in engaging, innovative, and high-impact ways.
- Serves as the college's lead brand steward and ensures a unified visual identity for the college's print and digital publications, products, and other related materials.
- Provides high-quality graphic design and quality assurance for college communications.
- Develops and creates marketing strategies focusing on enrollment growth and brand awareness through integrated campaigns.
- Oversees creation of marketing collateral including, but not limited to, brochures, posters, print and digital ads, direct mail, recruitment materials, videos, photographs, etc.
- Serves as the creative project manager, responsible for interfacing with internal and external clients within the college.
- Collaborates with various cross-functional and departmental leaders to provide necessary marketing support services.
- Manages budget vendor agreements and related resources for a full-service creative operation.
- Plans and executes marketing photo shoots.
- Develops and updates marketing content on campus digital signage in collaboration with the Communications team.
- Assists Senior Director of College Communications in the management of marketing budget of approximately 200K+.
- Makes necessary adjustments to the district style-guide.
- Participates in creative content development for web and social media platforms during inclement weather and emergency situations.
- Occasional evening and weekend work required.
- Other duties as assigned.
The job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals and maintain a budget.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to create and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and graphic design software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact