Main Campus - Smithfield, NC
Closes: Wednesday, April 1, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Minimum: Master of Science Degree in Nursing with a focus in nursing education OR meet the education requirements for Nurse Educator as outlined by the North Carolina Board of Nursing.
This preparation may be met by one of the following:
(1) Completion of 45 contact hours of continuing education courses;
(2) Completion of a certificate program in nursing education;
(3) Nine semester hours of graduate course work;
(4) National certification in nursing education; or
(5) Documentation of successful completion of structured, individualized development activities of at least 45 contact hours approved by the NC Board of Nursing.
Experience Minimum: Two years of full-time experience as a faculty member in a board approved nursing program.
Experience Preferred: 1-2 years administrative experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job.
Under direction, the purpose of the position is to supervise and evaluate instruction in the Health, Wellness, and Human Services Department. Employees in this classification perform administrative and instructional work. Position is responsible for supervising faculty; preparing class schedules; counseling and advising students; assisting with faculty selection; and teaching classes. Performs work as required.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Teaches classes and advises students at a reduced load in accordance with the Faculty Workload Policy (PM-2.04).
- Assuming the authority and responsibility along with the nursing faculty for the development and implementation of the nursing curriculum, for student admission and progression, and for graduation requirements.
- Coordinate evaluation of all aspects of the Nursing program including curriculum, faculty, students, graduates, facilities, etc.
- Provides leadership, completes, collects and reports data to ensure compliance with program accreditation.
- Supervises and ensures compliance in program policies and guidelines and/or national accreditation standards and NCBON for NUR course instruction.
- Assists in recruiting, interviewing, and hiring of faculty.
- Coordinates, plans, and evaluates all aspects of the Program.
- Schedules classes, coordinates course scheduling with other programs, and evaluates instruction.
- Supports the total mission of the college through attendance of various college functions.
- Serves on various college and professional committees.
- Conducts faculty, program, and advisory committee meetings.
- Meets core curriculum model adopted by Community College system and complies with SACS and/or accreditation criteria.
- Supervises, evaluates, and mentors faculty.
- Recruits and fosters retention of students.
- Maintains a variety of records and reports including up to date test files and curricular plans.
- Coordinates textbooks selection; recommends books and audio-visual materials for purchase; purchases and delivers supplies, equipment, and software.
- Reads and researches curriculum-related materials; reviews current books and publications.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervises nursing faculty.
Additional Qualifications: (Desired)
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Certified Nurse Educator
- Accreditation process/experience is preferred
Effective written and verbal communication skills are required.
Ability to perform basic math computations including adding, subtracting, multiplying and averaging all units of measure. Ability to compute fractions, percentages and decimals.
Ability to use effective critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills.
To perform this job successfully an individual should be proficient in a Windows environment and have knowledge of email systems, PowerPoint, Blackboard and online lab environments.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact