FT Director of Purchasing
245 Colelge Road
Smithfield, NC 27577
Closes: Wednesday, March 15, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Minimum: Associates degree with course work emphasis in business administration or accounting.
Experience Minimum: Three (3) to Five (5) years' experience in a procurement-related field, preferably in higher education procurement.
Education Preferred: Bachelor's degree with course work emphasis in business administration or accounting. CPPB or CPPO certification is desirable.
Manages and directs all aspects of purchasing and distributing materials, equipment and supplies, and maintains equipment inventory by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Uses NC e-procurement daily to approve and process e-requisitions; maintains user database and acts as the system administrator for the e-Pro system.
- Creates Colleague requisitions in a timely manner using e-requisitions and creates purchase orders in Colleague.
- Responsible for upgrading and implementing the College's e-procurement and p-card systems.
- Prepares, evaluates and awards contracts for solicitations in accordance with the Division of Purchase and Contract, the Community College System Office and the State Information Technology Services Division including Informal Construction projects (up to $500,000) Hosts/conducts site visits with potential outside contractors.
- Maintains College's Purchasing Card (P-card) program including issuing p-cards, training College personnel in their use and reconciling the charges made on p-cards to ensure charges placed on the P-card are valid State expenditures and have proper documentation.
- Posts solicitation documents on the State's Interactive Purchasing System (IPS).
- Processes HUB reporting, including HUB reporting for capital projects; must become familiar with the Interscope system
- Ensures compliance with NC General Statutes and policy manuals issued by the Division of Purchase and Contract, the Community College System Office and the State Information Technology Services Division as relates to the purchase and disposal of property.
- Maintains both the College Purchasing Manual and the College p-Card Manual.
- Trains employees to use NC e-procurement and Colleague mnemonics through both one-on-one and group sessions.
- Supervises Purchasing, Shipping and Receiving and Central Office Supply.
- Conducts yearly equipment inventory and supply audits.
- Assists in developing specifications for procurement of equipment, supplies and materials.
- Assists employees in source selection.
- Evaluates the College's delegated purchasing authority, and when necessary, applies for expanded authority.
- Evaluates the College's purchasing processes and makes changes for more efficient processes where necessary (e.g. services solicitation process).
- Supervises the campus mail and courier service.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities Directly supervises three employees and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports, correspondence, manuals and training materials. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee must be able to communicate effectively. The employee must be able to meet mobility requirements and be able to occasionally move materials of up to 10 pounds. Must be able to access print material and utilize the information effectively.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- None required, although CPPB or CPPO certification is preferred.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact