FT Director of Resource Development
100 College Drive
Weldon, NC 27890
Closes: Monday, June 20, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- A Bachelor’s degree in public administration, business, or a related field from a regionally accredited institution.
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Three to five years of supervisory experience is required. Possessing three to five years in successful resource development is required. Possess three to five years of experience with writing grant proposals to government and private funding sources, coordinating grant development teams and collaborative efforts, researching and identifying funding sources, interpreting requests for proposals and funding guidelines, developing budgets, and submitting proposals through electronic processes. Possessing five to seven years of successful grant writing and award experience is required. The director must have experience working with persons from all backgrounds especially the economically disadvantaged. The director will be required to utilize all Microsoft Office programs and all other 21st-century office products such as a personal computer, fax machine, and photocopier.
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
The director of resource development is responsible for writing and submitting grants to governmental agencies and private entities that support the mission of Halifax Community College. The director will engage in grant-seeking activities including Workforce Innovation Opportunity Act (WIOA). The director will engage in grant follow-up activities Under the supervision of the vice president for institutional effectiveness and advancement, the director of resource development is responsible for maximizing the financial gift support to HCC by seeking private, corporate, and governmental agencies’ contributions in supporting the mission and priorities of the institution. In addition, the director will provide leadership and oversight to the HCC WIOA Program. The director will provide supervision for the HCC WIOA Program and its employees. The director will engage in Grant Seeking and Grant writing activities for HCC.
1. Develop, write and submit grants to government agencies and private entities in support of the HCC strategic plan priorities. Research grant opportunities, write funding applications, read and interpret RFPs and other funding announcements, coordinate grant planning activities, prepare final proposals, submit proposals and maintain proposal records.
2. Develop, implement, and evaluate development plans for grant resources.
3. Identify, research, cultivate, and solicit federal, state, and corporate grants.
4. Create a reporting system to analyze the support of grants and use the data to establish benchmarks and monitor progress.
5. Provide leadership for all HCC Grant writing activities, and WIOA Program activities.
6. Primarily responsible for all HCC Grant writing and grant seeking activities
7. Assists with hiring and disciplining all WIOA employees.
8. Provide leadership and oversight to the entire HCC WIOA and directly supervise the WIOA Program Assistant and indirectly supervise all the other employees in the two programs.
9. Perform and complete performance appraisals and disciplinary actions for all employees in the two programs.
10. Approve payroll records, travel requests, and reimbursements of the employees in the two programs.
11. Approve and assist with procurement and other fiscal matters that obligate State or Federal funds under this purview.
12. In conjunction with the Operations Manager and the Center Manager along with the WIOA Program Assistant employee, is responsible for the operation of all programs in this division.
13. Foster and ensure open communication with the Center Manager, the Operations Manager, and the WIOA Program Assistant to assure that all services flow smoothly.
14. Continuously hone and update skills in resource development.
15. Attend appropriate local, regional, state, and national professional development activities to stay abreast of trends and best practices and enhance the effectiveness of grant funding and resource development.
SUPPORT OF MISSION/RELATED RESPONSIBILITIES
16. Serve on various College committees.
17. Serve as a representative of the College for special events.
18. Participate in College events and activities.
19. Submit annual plans (with goals, objectives, strategies, tactics, and budget) to the vice president of institutional advancement.
20. Perform other duties as assigned by the vice president of institutional advancement.
21. Maintain confidentiality and discretion.
22. Must be able to work in a college environment.
23. Must be able to travel throughout the college service area.
24. Must demonstrate interpersonal skills applicable to working with diverse groups of stakeholders.
How to Apply
MUST READ Special Instructions and Additional Information to Applicants:
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED.
Resumes are not accepted in lieu of state applications. "See Attached Resume", etc. will result in an incomplete application. Resumes, cover letters, and all transcripts listed on application must be uploaded with your application or this will also result in an incomplete application. Official transcripts must be submitted to the Human Resources Director within (15) days upon hiring.
All applications must be submitted directly via our online application system at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/halifaxcc. Applications submitted through third party sites will not be accepted. Application packets for employment must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date. If multiple applications are submitted to an individual posting, only the most recent application received prior to the posting close date will be accepted.
Resumes are not accepted in lieu of state applications. "See Attached Resume", etc. will result in an incomplete application. Resumes, cover letters, and all transcripts listed on application must be uploaded with your application.
To receive credit, all relevant experience must be included in the work history section of the application. Any information omitted from the application but included in the resume will not be considered for qualifying credit.
Persons eligible for Veteran's Preference must submit a copy of Form DD-214.