Main Campus - Smithfield, NC
Closes: Tuesday, March 1, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will possess strong communication skills and a thorough understanding of LMS administration, including LTI, API, and authentication integration and instructional design principles. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college in Information Technology, Computer Science, Instructional Design, or related field.
- Two (2) or more years’ experience in end-user technical support and training.
- Proficiency in back-end support and maintenance of learning management systems.
- Knowledge of various video/sound-recording equipment and multimedia-editing software preferred.
Under the supervision of the Department Chair of Educational Technologies, the Educational Technologies Administrator is responsible for the administration and maintenance of the college Learning Management System (LMS) and overseeing the daily operations of the Educational Technologies department’s (JOLT) assets, resources, and recording studios.
The Educational Technologies Administrator duties include designing and conducting workshops for students, faculty, and staff on LMS functions; establishing standard operating procedures for online learning and LMS usage; investigating and resolving LMS errors; recommending educational technology for classroom and online instruction; and communicating with the campus community as appropriate.
The Educational Technologies Administrator will collaborate with the Department Chair of Educational Technologies and other JOLT staff to create and deliver training opportunities for staff and faculty on best practices in instructional design, distance education, and online course management. The Administrator will assist the Department Chair with maintaining the college’s compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and policies on online instruction.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Manage workshops, and daily operations of JOLT conference rooms, recording studios, and services.
- Set priorities for completion of tasks and supervise the progress and completion of projects.
- Maintain a variety of records and reports.
- Design and deliver professional development courses for faculty and staff on online instruction and the correct use of JOLT equipment.
- Perform regular LMS administration tasks, including SIS integration, data loads, 3rd party publisher integration, and archiving courses.
- Provide guidance to college departments on educational technology products and vendors.
- Serve on various college committees.
- Assist with end-user support as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Technical Skills & Competencies
- Demonstrated experience with Learning Management System administration, preferably Blackboard and/or Canvas.
- Demonstrated experience with video and audio recording technology (e.g. cameras, lighting, sound mixers, etc).
- Demonstrated experience in project management.
Supervise and evaluate personnel within area of responsibility.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts and interest.
- Functional Reasoning: Requires the ability to apply principles of influence systems, such as motivation, incentive, and leadership. Ability to exercise independent judgment to apply facts and principles for developing approaches and techniques to problem resolution. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Situational Reasoning: Requires the ability to exercise the judgment, decisiveness and creativity required in situations involving the direction, control and planning of a project.
- Blackboard Learn LMS or Canvas LMS experience.
- Proficiency in the use of Articulate 360 or similar eLearning authoring tools.
- Proficiency in the use of Adobe Creative Suite or similar applications.
- Knowledge of Tableau and database query preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- ITIL Foundation or Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) certifications preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and sit and is occasionally required to stand; use hands and fingers; reach with hands and arms; and stoop or kneel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
How to Apply
Job Post Contact