Closes: Tuesday, February 1, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Minimum: Associate’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field.
Experience Minimum: One (1) to two (2) years’ experience of technical support, troubleshooting computers, peripherals, and software applications, or demonstrated technical expertise in support of end-users is required.
Under general supervision of the Educational Technologies Department Chair, the Educational Technologies Operations Specialist will assist with the efficient operation of the Educational Technologies Department (JOLT). Major responsibilities include, but are not limited to: maintenance and operation of educational technology, online services, and applications; serve as a liaison with vendors and service providers for procurement and support of educational equipment and services; provide support for faculty, staff, and students with educational technology and applications; and other essential office functions.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following:
- Provides Tier 2 technical support to students, faculty, and staff via phone, email, and inperson assistance through the JOLT Help Desk.
- Maintains and operates JOLT-managed educational technology across campus.
- Provides virtual and in-person training and workshops to students, faculty, and staff in educational technology and applications provided by the College.
- Works with other College employees and/or 3rd Party vendors to resolve issues with learning and collaborative technologies.
- Acts as a primary contact between JCC and external community stakeholders for Level 1 service agreements.
- Maintains accurate inventory records of JOLT-managed assets, devices, services, and accounts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
• Functional Reasoning: Requires the ability to apply principles of influence systems, such as motivation, incentive, teaching pedagogy, and leadership. Ability to exercise independent judgment to apply facts and principles for developing approaches and techniques to problem resolution.
• Situational Reasoning: Requires the ability to exercise the judgment, decisiveness and creativity required in situations involving the direction, control and planning of the programs. Develops and applies new and unique methods and thinking to executing plans and strategies.
• Ability to understand and clearly relate to other members of the College technical
specifications and general components of end user device hardware and software.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret business periodicals, professional journals, technical
procedures and government regulations
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers,
common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
High proficiency in Office 365 applications, videoconferencing applications, help desk ticketing systems, and basic online research skills is required. Experience creating presentations using various authoring tools.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• CompTIA A+, ITIL Foundation certification, or Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
Equipment, Machinery, Tools, and Materials Utilization
• Requires the ability to use, operate, and/or handle office equipment, such as a computer
and printer, copier, calculator and communications equipment. Requires prior knowledge of
videoconferencing tools, computer software, and A/V equipment.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact