Main Campus - Smithfield, NC
- Skilled Crafts
Closes: Friday, May 1, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Minimum: High School Diploma or a General Education Degree (GED) plus completion of a certificate program or additional specialized training.
Experience Minimum: Three to five years of experience in an electrical field.
Maintains College facilities by performing the following duties.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Inspects and repairs emergency and exit lights
- Maintains emergency/exit light inspection and repair logs
- Repairs and replaces interior and exterior lighting fixtures
- Replaces bulbs and ballasts
- Troubleshoots electrical problems
- Installs electrical circuits
- Replaces switches, receptacles, breakers, fuses, etc.
- Installs electrical conduit and raceways.
- Attends safety training
- Receives written work orders or verbal instructions from supervisor.
- Operates forklift, scissor lift, bucket truck and/or backhoe if certified.
- Responds to night and weekend emergency calls
- Assists with all other types of maintenance including plumbing, moving furniture, painting, carpentry, HVAC, cleaning roofs, etc.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; climb or balance and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be very loud.
Employee will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) and other safety equipment as required.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact