Main Campus - Smithfield, NC
Closes: Friday, April 30, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Minimum: High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Experience Minimum: Three to six months experience in Shipping & Receiving field
Performs equipment audit duties, assist with ensuring that the equipment assets are purchased, accounted for, and disposed of according to established procedures.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Conduct monthly equipment/fixed asset follow-ups
- Conduct annual equipment/fixed asset inventory audits.
- Conduct annual inventory of equipment.
- Adds/deletes fixed assets in Colleague.
- Maintain surplus storage warehouses and organize equipment on a weekly basis
- Arrange surplus scheduled deliveries with departments for pick up, etc. and disposal using established methods
- Coordinate pick up of surplus from departments.
- Deliver surplus items to Raleigh surplus warehouse sites when needed.
- Conduct supply inventories.
- Add surplus items to the State Surplus website and coordinate award of surplus disposition.
- Assist with Procurement Card Review
- Performs clerical duties such as computer data entry as assigned by Supervisor.
- Assist with processing incoming and outgoing mail thru Neopost mail machine; take and pick up mail to US post office daily.
- Prepare monthly Mail Report at the end of month for Accounts Payable.
- Prepare monthly Audit Report
- Assist in Purchasing, Central Supply, Shipping and Receiving as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Current driver's license.
- Current license to operate a forklift (Preferred).
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to lift up to 70 pounds.
- Ability to use hand truck
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and peripheral visions, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact