Main Campus - Smithfield, NC
Closes: Thursday, June 10, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Minimum: Associate degree with emphasis in Office Management
Education Preferred: Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Executive Office Management
Experience Minimum: At least five (5) years in an executive setting.
Under the direction of the President, the Executive Assistant is responsible for complex and confidential administrative support for the President.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides high-level executive assistant support to the President.
- Serves as a key liaison between the President and the Trustees, faculty and staff, and the North Carolina Community College System (NCCCS) office.
- Exhibits strong leadership and professional maturity in managing the various roles and responsibilities of this position with little to no assistance.
- Manages the President’s day-to-day calendar including making appointments while prioritizing the most pressing matters relevant to the work of the President’s Office.
- Assists with management of communications for the President’s office.
- Possesses strong command of the English language in oral and written form.
- Acts as key liaison for the President to external stakeholders.
- Composes, prepares and transmits confidential and sensitive information.
- Schedules and facilitates meetings and appointments for the President and other key leadership staff.
- In collaboration with JCC Department of Communications, produces publications and presentations to share internally and externally to include internal and external communications on behalf of the President.
- Monitors and responds to inquiries, social media, and communications relevant to the President’s Office.
- Organizes special events hosted by the President
- Manages Office Budget
- Prepares purchase requisitions through E-Procurement.
- Maintains inventory of equipment and supplies for the President’s Office.
- Manages travel arrangements for the President and the Trustees.
- Serves as proofreader offering assistance for all reports, documents, and communication disseminated from the President’s Office.
- Maintains ethical performance and integrity in every enterprise and regarding all professional and personal relations, building trust and confidence in the College.
- Keeps abreast of computer/technology skills as related to position.
- Provides assurances of courteous, customer-oriented support services to students, faculty, staff, patrons and the general public, adhere to the Core Values of the President’s Office and JCC.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
- Strong oral and written command of the English language.
- Ability to read and interpret documents, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak professionally and effectively on the phone and in person with donors, friends, faculty and staff.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to discern importance of role and assigned duties with understanding of how to distinguish and rate importance of various tasks.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient with Microsoft Suite to include MSWord, MS Publisher, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, and Adobe.
Experience working with various social media platforms and PowerPoint presentation development.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and reach with hands and arms and is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The Johnston Community Board of Trustees meets on the first Thursday evening of each month. Applicants must be willing to assist during these times.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is typical of a community college foundation setting.
Johnston Community College operates on a Monday – Thursday schedule from 7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. and on Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. In addition, from mid-May – early August, the College operates on a forty-hour work week Monday – Thursday with the College closed on Fridays.
This position requires evening and weekend hours periodically.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact