245 College Road
Smithfield, NC 27577
Closes: Friday, September 30, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Minimum: Associate's degree with course work emphasis in Business, General Office Technology, Computers and/or Word Processing.
Experience Minimum: Five to seven years experience in a mid-level or higher administrative setting.
Preferred Education: Bachelor’s degree in a business field.
Preferred Experience: Five to seven years experience in a mid-level or higher administrative setting in a community college.
Provides administrative assistance to the President in the day-to-day operation of the office by performing both secretarial and administrative duties.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs general secretarial duties as they relate to the Office of the President of the College. These duties include: receiving and sorting mail, typing and preparing correspondence, maintaining President’s calendar, scheduling appointments, receiving visitors, answering phone, taking and delivering messages, answering inquiries, maintaining files for the office, copying materials for distribution and faxing correspondence.
- Attends and takes minutes of the Board of Trustees and Board Committee meetings. Prepares and mails minutes, agenda and any other meeting materials to each Board member.
- Arranges travel for the President and Trustees through proper agencies for registrations and flight and hotel reservations, arranges finances in advance (if needed), prepares itinerary, and completes travel reports after trips.
- Attends Administrative Council meetings, takes minutes and emails minutes to the campus. Attends other meetings as needed.
- Schedules and maintains calendar for the Board Room and Meeting Room.
- Performs other professional or job-related duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in word processing.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, frequently required to listen and talk, and is occasionally required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must also occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment is general office and the noise level is usually quiet.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact