Haywood Community College, 185 Freedlander Dr, Clyde, NC 28721
Closes: Sunday, February 12, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate degree in Graphic Design or related field; 2 years’ experience in field related to graphic design, printing and marketing. Proficiency in design software: Adobe Creative Cloud, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Word and Excel. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Must have good organizational skills and be able to work quickly under deadline pressures; Ability to work with groups and individuals representing a variety of special interests; Extensive knowledge of high volume copier to include color as well as binding, folding, and cutting equipment; Experience with a point of sale system (accuracy in balancing a cash drawer); Ability to keep detailed records in an organized manner and to maintain accurate documentation for audit purposes.
Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or related field; 4 years’ experience in Graphic Design; Meet all minimum qualifications including expert level experience using Microsoft products and Adobe Cloud programs.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Use graphic design skills to create and print necessary marketing elements to promote HCC internally and externally. Work closely with other departments on campus to ensure a consistent brand.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Graphic design work to include, but not limited to flyers, brochures, posters, banners, and other digital marketing elements such as digital ads and social media imagery.
- Maintain printing requests and prioritize workloads.
- Printing and finishing of projects (cutting, binding, etc.)
- Develop creative design concepts that meet business objectives of the organization to advance the brand strategy and ensure a united look for the college.
- Create and implement graphics needed for e-newsletter and college website
- Create graphics for social media, assist with social content creation and engagement as needed.
- Check-in package deliveries received on campus
- Assist with the promotion of events (and attend as needed)
- Proofread content as needed
- Take photos and video as needed for campus events and other needs.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment while maintaining multiple projects at once.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Follow directions and handle corrections quickly and efficiently.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending design workshops; reviewing professional publications; and participating in professional societies.
- Consistently deliver a high level of service
- Oversee ordering of paper products needed for campus
- Manage daily reconciliation and deposits
- Work with Marketing Director on organizational initiatives
- Perform other duties as required.
- Strive to improve self and department through continuous learning and operation excellence.
- Operation of college owned vehicles
HCC Core Values Responsibilities
- Learn new guidelines and processes in performing duties and advising students
- Create a student-centered environment
- Work toward operational excellence; continuous improvement of processes
- Implement innovative strategies to meet the needs of students and improve processes
- Interact with co-workers and perform tasks with the highest level of integrity
- Work cooperatively with faculty, staff, students, and our learning community
- Promote and support HCC’s mission, vision, and values and promote and support coworkers in the most positive manner.
HCC ELI (Entrepreneurial Learning Initiative) Responsibilities
- Implement a team approach in the performance of tasks; work with others to analyze a situation, establish priorities, and apply resources for solving a problem or accomplishing a task
- Accept responsibility for job performance and assigned tasks; exhibit individual behaviors that support the official goals and objectives of the college and its members
How to Apply
The following is necessary for consideration
- Official Haywood Community College employment application online found at our jobs page: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/haywoodedu. Please call Beverly Balliot with any questions or if you are unable to complete the online application for any reason.
- The application must be complete for consideration - do not reference resume. A resume is suggested but does not take the place of any questions or details that you need to provide in order to be qualified for the position. Unofficial transcripts must be included for the application process. Most unofficial transcripts can be downloaded from college/university websites. Official transcripts of all secondary education must be submitted to Human Resources within 10 days of any offer of employment.
- References may not be a current HCC employee. Candidates must provide three professional references with email addresses. At least one reference must be a current or previous supervisor.
- College screening committee is responsible for application review, interviews, and recommends the candidate to HR. Upon completion of the hire process in HR, President approval is required in the hire of a candidate.
- HCC is a tobacco free campus
HCC is an equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sex, age, disability, genetic information and veteran status.
Haywood Community College (HCC) is part of the North Carolina Community College System and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges & Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Founded in 1965, it is an open-door institution with the mission to foster an environment that meets the educational needs of the communities it serves, promotes student success in higher education and in the workplace, and facilitates economic development. This includes programs for Haywood County high school students through Career and College Promise and Haywood Early College. The college campus, a designated arboretum, boasts one of the most beautiful college campuses in the state with an iconic mill pond, a productive greenhouse, dahlia gardens, an orchard garden and a rhododendron garden.