Main Campus - Smithfield, NC
Closes: Tuesday, June 1, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications:
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Minimum: High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Experience Minimum: Three to twelve months experience in a related field.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of how to work with cleaning chemicals safely.
Maintains the cleanliness, safety, and appearance of the College grounds.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains building accessibility and appearance by picking up papers and trash and removing ice and snow from walkways and parking lots.
- Maintains Lawn and surrounding landscape.
- Installs and maintains plant materials.
- Removes trash by emptying trash containers; transporting materials to disposal area; recycling materials.
- Maintains and repairs equipment as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and talk and hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
Employee will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) and other safety equipment as required.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact