Main Campus - Smithfield, NC
Closes: Thursday, June 17, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Minimum: Bachelors’ degree in Human Resources, Organizational Management, Business Management or related field.
Experience Minimum: Five to seven years’ experience in benefits and compensation. Knowledge of principles and practices of human resources management to include employment law and federal and state guidelines.
Experience Preferred: Human Resources work experience in higher education. Experience with Datatel Colleague to include compensation, benefit, and leave and position maintenance modules. Experience with federal reporting requirements, retirement system procedures and federal health care reform. Requires effective interpersonal and excellent communication skills.
Provides professional support to the Human Resources Department. Administers benefit and compensation programs. Assist with policies, and other human resources activities, such as recruitment and selection, training and development, personnel records and human resources information systems.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Maintains employee benefits program.
- Serves on JCC Personnel Committee.
- Processes changes to employee benefits, reconciles billing for employee benefits, and communicates with vendors and employees concerning benefits.
- Interprets – terminology, policies, procedures and rules governing employee benefits and compensation; provide guidance in completing required enrollment and verification forms.
- Organize annual optional benefits open-enrollment through inter-departmental coordination.
- Worker’s Compensation primary Administrator.
- Administers FMLA.
- Administers the Shared Leave Program.
- Administers the College’s Leave Plan through Colleague and TimeClock.
- Assist TimeClock Administrator.
- Manages/prepares state wide reports (ex. IPEDS and Staff Information).
- Maintain and update employee status forms, coordinate changes with payroll staff, assist employees with insurance claims and various benefits problems; direct employees to proper college staff or outside agencies for additional assistance.
- Tracks and identifies ACA eligibility; process ACA 1094 and 1095 forms.
- Coordinates benefits and health fair.
- Participate in monthly compensation - process to ensure accuracy and timelines of payroll.
- Computes annual benefit and retirement payouts.
- Respond to requests for information and assistance from employees, management, outside agencies and the public.
- Perform monthly Accounts Receivable payments for College’s employment benefit program.
- Process federal and state garnishments.
- Process unemployment benefits.
- Administer Cobra Benefits.
- Processes wage/employment verifications and garnishments.
- Processes retirement and disability paperwork.
- Maintains benefits files and records.
- Maintains and files employee correspondence and other records.
- Assists with employment training.
- Serves on various committees as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Blackboard, and have knowledge of Colleague and E-Procurement.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact