245 College Road
Smithfield, NC 27577
Closes: Sunday, September 25, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Education Minimum: Associates degree in a related field
Experience Minimum: Two (2) years of experience as either a health benefits representative or employment specialist.
Experience Preferred: Human Resources experience in benefits administration and recruitment processes. Experience utilizing an applicant tracking system and HRIS system.
This position has dual responsibilities as the employee benefits representative and the employment specialist functioning as a member in the human resources office that supports approximately 300 full-time faculty and staff positions. The Benefits role requires administration of medical, disability, retirement, 401(k), FMLA, supplemental insurance, and related programs ensuring excellent customer service, team work, and policy compliance. The employment specialist role entails using the NEOED applicant tracking system and Indeed.com as the primary platforms to advertise, screen and forward applicants to the hiring manager using an automated system.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains the employee benefits program
- Processes changes to employee benefits, communicates with vendors, and respond to employees concerning benefits
- Reconcile monthly benefits related invoices
- Administers FMLA
- Coordinates open enrollment
- Maintains vacancy summaries
- Maintains benefits files and records
- Assists management with developing vacancy postings
- Screens applicants and provides access to interview committees
- Assists with training new and existing employees
- Maintains and files employee correspondence and other records
- Performs other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: none
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group settings.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute salary rates and percentages and interpret results.
- Ability to apply an understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions accurately.
- Ability to address problems involving variables and applying established policy.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and have experience using an applicant tracking system and HRIS such as NEOED, NEO Gov and Colleague or related.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics of an office setting. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact