On & Offsite JCC Campus Locations, North Carolina
Closes: Friday, May 31, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications:
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum: High School Diploma or equivalent and specialized HVAC training.
Minimum: Three to five years of experience in a combination of HVAC repair, service and general maintenance.
The HVAC/Maintenance Technician maintains HVAC equipment and performs general maintenance duties at Johnston Community College.
Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs routine maintenance and repairs on HVAC equipment.
- Performs general maintenance duties on all college buildings.
- Diagnoses and repairs electronic, mechanical, and electrical components of HVAC systems.
- Be available to respond to night and weekend emergency needs.
- Maintains proper stock, parts, tools, and safety equipment.
- Works on Building HVAC controls systems.
- Uses a computer to monitor Building HVAC controls system.
- Responds to hot and cold calls.
- Participates in company provided training opportunities.
- Maintains Service Records on equipment.
- Be able to read and interpret blueprints, plans, and manuals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact